Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Wizards

I missed a large chunk of the 1st half due to my son being a jerk but from what I saw our team defense looks slightly improved. While Mario has added the shooting we expected from Frye last year. Dipo is still aggressive as all hell which I like a lot but he needs to draw more fouls. Payton is sinking shots. Overall we look pretty decent so far.

Edit: I really really really like Gordon!

Most of his shots were fifty/fifty. I'm sure Dipo will correct it in the second half. Payton playing like he wants to start, good. Now all he needs to do is actually keep shooting and doing his thing. Mario and Gordon playing like they want starting spots, I did see a few rookie mistakes from Mario as he tried to force it, but those are the good type of mistakes. The unselfish kind of mistakes will definitely not put a man in anyone's ill thoughts. I do like the rotations that Skiles is using, he is warming up our bench (which has proven that it is pretty deep), and keeping our starters revved. Defense needs to be the focus next half and we need to stop the Wizards, but with the Wizards getting all the fifty/fifty calls, who knows what will happen.

All in all, a good first half...need to see more Aaron Gordon and Mario tonight, they are straight up blitzing the Wizards.

we have to learn to put teams away...up 8 in the 4th...calm down fellas.

next thing you know...bang bang bang...lead gone.

lets go

A few awesome things :

Our defense has controlled the game and held a team who wants to run the floor potentially to under 100 points.

Our crowd is into it. This is a very entertaining game.