Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic's New Depth Chart.....Opinion (link)

Loving the potential lineups we can put out there offensively and defensively.

So many to choose from; Skiles must be like a kid in a candy shop.

To those of you complaining about Elfrid's shooting slumps this author would agree with you:

Though his jump shot is a mess, Payton has shown himself to be a phenomenal perimeter defender and a stat-sheet stuffer, able to rebound exceptionally well for his position and set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

More than his jump shot, Payton’s scoring last season was an absolute travesty. He averaged 8.9 points per game on 42 percent shooting from the field. Not bad marks by any means, but a closer look appears less optimistic.

Payton took nearly half (49.8 percent) of his shots from inside the restricted area, only yielding a 49 percent shooting mark from that area of the floor. Beyond that, he failed to shoot above 40-percent from anywhere else on the court.

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/07/12/elfrid-payton-outside-the-norm-point-guard-and-a-perfect-fit/

GO MAGIC !!!

Or if we want to go offense (and this helps Oladipo out at point)

Oladipo

Fournier

Hezonja

Harris

Vucevic

Switch Watson for Oladipo and I'm with that. Oladipo at the PG spot to close games is not to my liking due to his turnover ability bringing the ball down. If it's a close game against a veteran team with less than 5 mins left I'd go with Watson, Oladipo, Harris, Frye, and Vucevic to be honest.

If we're looking to space the floor our best lineup would be Watson, Fournier, Hezonja, Harris, and Frye. Once again though, it's all about matchups and I'm loving the versatility we have to mix and match our rotations on a nightly basis. I'm with most of you though, I think we begin the season off with a Payton, Oladipo, Gordon, Harris, and Vucevic starting lineup. I think Catman and I are the only ones alone in this but I wouldn't be surprise if Hezonja is our starting SG in 2016. He has starter shooting ability and I don't see Oladipo holding him off if his shooting ability doesn't improve quite a bit. If it does happen I feel Oladipo would be the ideal 6th man. Victor could be our Ginobili but only time will tell.

To those of you complaining about Elfrid's shooting slumps this author would agree with you:

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/07/12/elfrid-payton-outside-the-norm-point-guard-and-a-perfect-fit/

GO MAGIC !!!

I like how you take an article that emphasizes that Elfrid isn't a normal point guard but could be a perfect fit and pull the negative points from it.

I cant believe that you guys are so ready to throw Elf under the bus so quickly for a career backup in Watson. Elf's offense improved as the year progressed. I guess you all forgot that. I guess two summer league games are more important. HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and BJ just stay off the computer, I believe the radiation coming off your screen has made you unable to see clearly.

I like how you take an article that emphasizes that Elfrid isn't a normal point guard but could be a perfect fit and pull the negative points from it.

Yeah this is really getting stupid now. Every time BJ gets proven wrong he runs from it and deflects to something else.

I really think he is mad that it appears that Rob may have made really good lottery picks for us. Why, I have no idea.

Exum shouldn't even be in the NBA, so you can stop trying to parade that horrific pick of yours.

Yeah this is really getting stupid now. Every time BJ gets proven wrong he runs from it and deflects to something else.

I really think he is mad that it appears that Rob may have made really good lottery picks for us. Why, I have no idea.

Because they're not from Kentucky.

I'm sure he thinks Minnesota messed up not going with WCS #1 overall.

Because they're not from Kentucky.

I'm sure he thinks Minnesota messed up not going with WCS #1 overall.

...but they took a UK guy #1