Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Expectations/Predictions for the 2015-2016 Season

I was thinking about it and I still think we are one year away from playoffs just due to age. This team is so young that I am not sure if they can win 40 games. I am going to go with 33-36, but it will also be the final year we miss playoffs for a long, long time.

Hope I'm wrong about this season, but long term, we are looking really good.

I couldn't agree more, I think this season will be everything we thought last year should have been. 35 wins, 9th/10th in the East. Clearly improved defensively, but not improved enough shooting wise and turnover wise to get over the hump yet.

That's what my brain says.

Then there's my heart.

I say why not us.. why not NOW... to get 42 wins and sneak into the playoffs~! GO MAGIC~!

If we win more than 40 games, I shall carry you all to the gates of Valhalla myself; shiney and chrome. The expectation is to improve by 10 games. I'll go ahead and say we'll win more than 30 at the least. Anything short is disappointing.

The unrealistic fan in me says we'll make it to the eastern conference semi finals having won 50 games.

If we win more than 40 games, I shall carry you all to the gates of Valhalla myself; shiney and chrome. The expectation is to improve by 10 games. I'll go ahead and say we'll win more than 30 at the least. Anything short is disappointing.

The unrealistic fan in me says we'll make it to the eastern conference semi finals having won 50 games.

If you're going to dream, dream big.

Payton improves his jumper and averages 15 and 8.

Dipo plays under control and increases his 3pt% to 38%, averaging 20 a game.

Vuch stays steady good, on offense, but improves defensively. 21 and 12.

Harris improves across the board, 19 and 7.

AG continues stellar summer league play, 14 and 7.

Mario stars off slow but after the all star break comes into his own, averaging 16 ppg post all star break.

Magic slide into the playoffs as a 7 seed, shock the Bulls in 7 with to much speed and athleticism. Facing the Hawks in Round 2, the Magic prove once again to be the far superior defensive team and handle the Hawks in 6. Facing the Cavs in round 2, AG was pressed with the daunting task of shadowing the King for 40 minutes a game. AG wins the battle, James never gets it going, Magic in 7.

Magic win the East, my alarm clock goes off.

• Upvote 3

I couldn't agree more, I think this season will be everything we thought last year should have been. 35 wins, 9th/10th in the East. Clearly improved defensively, but not improved enough shooting wise and turnover wise to get over the hump yet.

That's what my brain says.

Then there's my heart.

I say why not us.. why not NOW... to get 42 wins and sneak into the playoffs~! GO MAGIC~!

Yeah man it's already brutal enough waiting for this season to start...I can't imagine having to wait another! Oi

If you're going to dream, dream big.

Payton improves his jumper and averages 15 and 8.

Dipo plays under control and increases his 3pt% to 38%, averaging 20 a game.

Vuch stays steady good, on offense, but improves defensively. 21 and 12.

Harris improves across the board, 19 and 7.

AG continues stellar summer league play, 14 and 7.

Mario stars off slow but after the all star break comes into his own, averaging 16 ppg post all star break.

Magic slide into the playoffs as a 7 seed, shock the Bulls in 7 with to much speed and athleticism. Facing the Hawks in Round 2, the Magic prove once again to be the far superior defensive team and handle the Hawks in 6. Facing the Cavs in round 2, AG was pressed with the daunting task of shadowing the King for 40 minutes a game. AG wins the battle, James never gets it going, Magic in 7.

Magic win the East, my alarm clock goes off.

I enjoyed reading that

Right now, I'm thinking around 28-32 wins. Nobody knows how much young guys are going to improve or not, but I'm taking a cautiously optimistic approach to it. Outside shooting and the lack of defense in the paint are the two things that have me worried most.

i don't have a feel for this team, i need to see the rotations used. is skiles going to play the kids and teach them? or will he lean on mediocre veterans when things aren't going well?

will he coach this team to it's strengths and most importantly get oladipo and payton to play to their potential on defense?

I would be happy with a 35 win season, in and around playoff contention. These players need to play meaningful basketball, be it playoffs or fighting to make the playoffs.. either is a step up for me. But I think we round out with something like a 10 seed with around 35 wins.

I'm pretty positive that we're good enough to win 30+ games even with an injury. I think if we have a season like Miami did last year then that's a step in the right direction

I'd have to first go back through last season's games, and decide how many I think Vaughn cost us.

Even being conservative, it's at least 4 or 5.

Well, we went 12-13 in games decided by 5 points or less. There's probably a few losses in there that won't happen again