Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Expectations/Predictions for the 2015-2016 Season

Barring any major injuries, I expect this team to win a minimum of 35 games this year for the following reasons:

1) Improved play of last year's rookies. In the last 41 games of last season, Payton averaged 11.3 PPG, 6.75 RPG, and 7.65 RPG. If he improves on those numbers by as little as 10 %, he could be worth All Star consideration, and if his offense keeps improving, this will enable Victor to have more open shots, too. If Gordon does not go down with a lengthy injury, I expect him to start to evolve into the 2 way player that most of us believe he can be. One of the biggest knocks on this guy at the beginning of last year was his free throw shooting. In the last 30 games of the season he knocked down 25/30 free throws. That is .830 gentlemen.

2) Some of it was because of injuries, but there is no way that Frye starts 51 games this year. He will come off the bench as he should, and hopefully solidify our bench's offense.

3) Our coach. An experienced coach who stresses the importance of defense. This has been sorely missed since the departure of SVG.

4) Mario. Even if the defense does improve, we still need bonafide shooters on this team.

5) Vuc. What do you think he would've been offered this summer, if he hadn't signed a contract with us last year?

6) Harris. He got what he wanted. He has always said that he likes it here. He is well liked by his teammates. I would not be surprised to see this guy turn into beast mode. If that does happen, we will be a shoo in for the playoffs.

7) Or I could be wrong on everything, and we will suck again.

Barring any major injuries, I expect this team to win a minimum of 35 games this year for the following reasons:

1) Improved play of last year's rookies. In the last 41 games of last season, Payton averaged 11.3 PPG, 6.75 RPG, and 7.65 RPG. If he improves on those numbers by as little as 10 %, he could be worth All Star consideration, and if his offense keeps improving, this will enable Victor to have more open shots, too. If Gordon does not go down with a lengthy injury, I expect him to start to evolve into the 2 way player that most of us believe he can be. One of the biggest knocks on this guy at the beginning of last year was his free throw shooting. In the last 30 games of the season he knocked down 25/30 free throws. That is .830 gentlemen.

2) Some of it was because of injuries, but there is no way that Frye starts 51 games this year. He will come off the bench as he should, and hopefully solidify our bench's offense.

3) Our coach. An experienced coach who stresses the importance of defense. This has been sorely missed since the departure of SVG.

4) Mario. Even if the defense does improve, we still need bonafide shooters on this team.

5) Vuc. What do you think he would've been offered this summer, if he hadn't signed a contract with us last year?

6) Harris. He got what he wanted. He has always said that he likes it here. He is well liked by his teammates. I would not be surprised to see this guy turn into beast mode. If that does happen, we will be a shoo in for the playoffs.

7) Or I could be wrong on everything, and we will suck again.

If Robin Lopez got 4 years and 54 million, Vuch would have got 70 easily. I would love to see Harris turn into beast mode but I have my doubts about that. But like you said getting a real coach and just players developing from last year you would think could snag us 10 more wins.

I thought Skiles brought more of a motion offense than uptempo? Uptempo would be nice, motion might be tricky unless Payton improves his shot.

I thought Skiles brought more of a motion offense than uptempo? Uptempo would be nice, motion might be tricky unless Payton improves his shot.

Motion can be played in either a slow pace or uptempo. I do not think it is exclusive to either one or the other.

Motion can be played in either a slow pace or uptempo. I do not think it is exclusive to either one or the other.

Uptempo tends to involve crossing the plane at a particular pace while motion offenses are based in a half-court setup...not exclusive, but entirely different.

I don't know what Skiles' intentions are, and just because you run any particular set doesn't mean you won't get chances to run the break of course. I just don't recall the Bucks or Bulls running and gunning, so I wouldn't expect GS 2.0, that is all.

Uptempo tends to involve crossing the plane at a particular pace while motion offenses are based in a half-court setup...not exclusive, but entirely different.

I don't know what Skiles' intentions are, and just because you run any particular set doesn't mean you won't get chances to run the break of course. I just don't recall the Bucks or Bulls running and gunning, so I wouldn't expect GS 2.0, that is all.

Skiles has specifically said he wants to get out on the break since we're a young, athletic team who'll hopefully be getting a lot of stops.

His Phoenix teams played uptempo until they inexplicably flipped Kidd for Marbury.

I'm going to go on a leap of faith. 40 win season. 6th-7th seed. Harris AND Vucevic with career seasons, Dipo makes the All-Star. AG gets MIP of the year and becomes our secret weapon as 6th man.

You can run both, and its very common (San Antonio Spurs). Unless you expect a team to fast break every single possession I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

I was thinking about it and I still think we are one year away from playoffs just due to age. This team is so young that I am not sure if they can win 40 games. I am going to go with 33-36, but it will also be the final year we miss playoffs for a long, long time.

Hope I'm wrong about this season, but long term, we are looking really good.