Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

Ben Gordon Appreciation Thread

Thank you Ben, I can only imagine the level of difficulty at this point in your career, so with that said, I thank you for contribution here in Orlando. I have heard more good things about your time here than anything else, so as far as I am concerned.........you did your job!!!!

Best to you and your family going forward, and thanks for what you do!!!!

God bless! gold_cup.gifgold_cup.gifgold_cup.gif

Obviously can't speak for his locker room presence, but from what I saw on the court he exhibited zero value to our team last season and was pretty much a mistake as a signing. I don't think he is a bad guy, and obviously Tobias seems to like him, but I don't think that's any reason to be charitable from a basketball perspective. He's an undersized 2 who barely comprehends how to play off the ball (he's mostly a black hole); he has an ugly, inconsistent jumper; and he's bad at defense. The thing I most appreciate is that he's gone.

While on the topic of aging, small guards, I hope we can find a way to bring back nelson as a bench vet.

Like a previous poster said he was mainly brought in to fill out the roster, so I'm not sure how you can say signing him for one year was a 'mistake'. Would we have made the playoffs/finals if we didn't bring him in? We weren't going anywhere last season, so there was no reason not to sign him to the deal that we gave him.

You know that Dwight does not play for the Magic anymore right?

He was going to make another sig I think, but had issues with resizing it; plus he still likes Dwight.(I think that's what he said last time someone asked about this).

He was going to make another sig I think, but had issues with resizing it; plus he still likes Dwight.(I think that's what he said last time someone asked about this).

Hmm, surprising he still likes Dwight after the Dwightmare he put Magic through

1435777496[/url]' post='1011646']

Hmm, surprising he still likes Dwight after the Dwightmare he put Magic through

I got to hang with him a couple of times when he was first drafted so I'm biased lol

Yeah, I mean, I realize this is an appreciation thread, so I will say that I think he always plays with a lot of heart. It's just hard to hold back criticism when I think maybe grabbing a guy like Stuckey or perhaps someone a little more versatile would have been a wiser move.

You do realize that Gordon was brought in to help with outside shooting, as well as fill out the roster, right? And he did fairly well considering the overall spacing issues this team had. Rodney Stuckey has been, until this past year, one of the worst outside shooting guards in the league. Unless Hennigan was supposed to magically know that all of a sudden his 3-point % would go up by 10, I think getting Stuckey would have been a bad move, even leaving out the fact that he would have been duplicate talent that would have demanded minutes from Payton and Dipo. Ben Gordon did a solid job doing the only thing Orlando really asked him to do. But sure, you can hate on him all you like.

... I liked Ben... I actually wouldn't have minded us keeping him... Every dozen games or so he'd have a game where for like a 5 minute stretch he made every shot he took no matter how terrible and it's really fun to watch a guy heat up like that. Fortunately Hezonja, and Harvey if he makes the roster (and gets any playing time), both have the potential for those kinds of nights where they can't miss.

I was one of the people that thought WTF is Rob doing when he signed BG but he did exactly what we needed him to do, seemed to have a great attitude, and help fill our salary requirements. Hope he gets on a team that will use him a bit more.