Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Grade Our Draft

58 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Magic for their draft?

• A - Amazing
    • B - Solid
    • C - Not So Good
    • F - Awful

Im not saying Hezonja was #1 overall but I believe he was #1 at pick 5, not KP.

I also think KP could be really good, and the Knicks will probably be very active in free agency and plan to trade KP or develop him over the next few years. But I'm not sold on the Magic wanting him over Mario. I'm not sure if that is the case.

100%. Rob had Mario over KP I firmly believe that. Not like it matters one way or the other. I equally feel Mario will have the better career.

DX had WCS as our pick for a while, maybe 2 weeks. Then they made the switch to Mario about a week before the draft. I think WCS' ankle really played a role in our decision, and we opted for the player with less injury risk down the road. Both filled a need.

No way. If WCS was Rob's guy, he would not have let a minor ankle injury change his mind. Rob has drafted for upside now with every high picks he's made with the Magic. Mario was our guy for a long time I think. Also, in the post draft interview Rob basically said that had Mario not been there they were ready to trade down.

No way. If WCS was Rob's guy, he would not have let a minor ankle injury change his mind. Rob has drafted for upside now with every high picks he's made with the Magic. Mario was our guy for a long time I think. Also, in the post draft interview Rob basically said that had Mario not been there they were ready to trade down.

The ankle injury isn't minor. That's why his stock tanked

The ankle injury isn't minor. That's why his stock tanked

Tanked to 6? He was mocked between 4-8 that past 3 months.

4-8 but when the injury news broke, i saw mocks where his range was 11-21. The ankle is fine now, but doctors said it's not healing correctly and he MIGHT have to get it repaired. Could go on to be fine the rest of his career, or he could have surgery in 2 months. Regardless, Rob decided the gamble wasn't worth it when another option is/was Mario.

He was dropping past 13. Larry bird basically gave an interview where he said "one group I listen to along with scouts is team doctors " (edited for the sake of brevity) which was inferred to mean "I really like wcs but when I pass on him understand why".

Had Karl not been a giant dick to cousins and tried a coup very openly causing vivek and Vlade to desperately try to resolve that relationship, wcs wouldn't be in Sacramento. Winslow wouldn't be in Miami.

4-8 but when the injury news broke, i saw mocks where his range was 11-21. The ankle is fine now, but doctors said it's not healing correctly and he MIGHT have to get it repaired. Could go on to be fine the rest of his career, or he could have surgery in 2 months. Regardless, Rob decided the gamble wasn't worth it when another option is/was Mario.

Surgical screws that don't let the bone heal properly and bend at a 45 degree angle on a big man are nothing to mess with. Said the same thing with Embiid last year. Those injuries beget more injuries. Had Gordon been diagnosed with stress fractures prior to the draft I wouldn't have wanted him either. Thankfully, Gordon was held out responsibly but look at what happened to Durant. Foot injuries are scary.

Before the draft, Skiles told Schmitz he knew who the Magic were picking. If the pick was KP, he couldn't say that because he could have gone as high as 2 or 3. And I wanted KP. I was glad the Knicks took him because now I know I won't need to play "what if" with the Magic passing on him over the next few seasons. The only way Skiles' comment makes sense is if the pick was Mario all along.

Surgical screws that don't let the bone heal properly and bend at a 45 degree angle on a big man are nothing to mess with. Said the same thing with Embiid last year. Those injuries beget more injuries. Had Gordon been diagnosed with stress fractures prior to the draft I wouldn't have wanted him either. Thankfully, Gordon was held out responsibly but look at what happened to Durant. Foot injuries are scary.

Agreed. We got lucky AG healed successfully. Hopefully Durant comes back just as dominant.

First off, great post and great detective work by TreyMachine.

I was at the draft party and they were continuously showing the war room...I was thinking when Mario was picked and the war room was on the big screen how fake it looked when Hennigan walked around and was high-fiving every man in there.

The same night I was reading this board and everyone was saying Rob must have gotten who he wanted because he was smiling and fiving everyone and I'm thinking he knows a TV camera is on him...What's he supposed to do ???...Look depressed ???...Sure wouldn't sell many season tickets like that, lol.

Lastly, I find it hilarious that Henny, whom most refer to as "In Henny I Trust", was gonna pick a guy that was the butt of jokes and got the biggest reaction all night when Porzingus was picked and the TV cameras kept showing that Knicks little kid crying over and over, lol, smh.

For the record, Scott Anez was predicting "The Latvian Hammer" (what he was calling him, lol) to the Magic also.

Fendi, what's up man !

Proof he was gonna pick Porzi or just talking out ya asss? what trey sqid didn't even make sense...they're laughing about porzi going to the knicks but they wanted him? Lol

Can anyone list factually who worked out for the Magic before the draft ?...Any top 10 talents ?...Winslow ?

I know Porzingus was in twice and WCS.

Did Porz work out for us? I thought he just interviewed both times.