Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Grade Our Draft

58 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Magic for their draft?

• A - Amazing
    • B - Solid
    • C - Not So Good
    • F - Awful

I give it a B+, only due to the uncertainty about Hezonja's buyout. Think that Skiles and his teammates will hold him accountable and make Mario a better defender, so no worries there. With drafting Harvey, this is our first draft in awhile we went exclusively after scorers.

The buyout is not an issue. He will be here in 3 days.

If one of those guys fell to 5, I would have rated the draft a B, since BPA was left on the board. I really wanted Porzingas (also wanted Henzonja, so I'm cool with it), and I think he would be the right pick had he fallen. Since he didn't, I graded Magic an A.

They can say out loud that "Hezonja was our guy all along" - and perhaps he was - but judging from the war room's reaction when Porzingis was announced by the Knicks, I think that Porzingis was still the guy we wanted. Some guys you could see tensed up a bit and there were no smiles in the room like "Yes - we got our guy!"

Perhaps it was a game of Poker, but I just don't buy that we valued Mario above the 4 guys drafted ahead of him (and I am a HUGE fan of the pick).

• Upvote 1

They can say out loud that "Hezonja was our guy all along" - and perhaps he was - but judging from the war room's reaction when Porzingis was announced by the Knicks, I think that Porzingis was still the guy we wanted. Some guys you could see tensed up a bit and there were no smiles in the room like "Yes - we got our guy!"

Perhaps it was a game of Poker, but I just don't buy that we valued Mario above the 4 guys drafted ahead of him (and I am a HUGE fan of the pick).

If you were looking at body language the minute NY took Porzingis in real time then you were seeing body language about 1 full minute before the pick was made. That video feed from the war room was delayed.

If you were looking at body language the minute NY took Porzingis in real time then you were seeing body language about 1 full minute before the pick was made. That video feed from the war room was delayed.

True Detective.

Not sure what this means, but frankly don't care since its you.

I was making a run off from the HBO show True Detective. Because that was good detective work. It was actually a compliment.

I didn't even know we didn't like one another, awe shucks -_-/>

Time is a flat circle

You're not really funny or creative. It was literally a compliment because MagicBlue broke down the war room film and found that there was a delay. I was going to say "Nice recon", but "True Detective" seemed more current and I thought most people would get it.

But, hey, this is funny too I guess.

You're not really funny or creative. It was literally a compliment because MagicBlue broke down the war room film and found that there was a delay. I was going to say "Nice recon", but "True Detective" seemed more current and I thought most people would get it.

But, hey, this is funny too I guess.

Uhh, did you watch true detective?