43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we match for Harris?

• Nope, definitely not.
    • Yes, if it's for 8 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 10 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 12 million or less
    • Yes, if it's for 14 million or less
    • Yes, match even if he gets offered the max

just a hunch...rob offered tobias 9 so they say, to me that says a lot.. he wants minimum 12.. i would pay tobias 10.5-12 the absolute tops.

I honestly think rob won't match a max for tobias unless he truly believes in him... i actually am a fan of tobias but i don't believe he is worth it ( max )

Henny is not a fool..

The draft could say alot...if we go SF in winslow or hezjona

we still have AG and Harkless also..

just a hunch...rob offered tobias 9 so they say, to me that says a lot.. he wants minimum 12.. i would pay tobias 10.5-12 the absolute tops.

I honestly think rob won't match a max for tobias unless he truly believes in him... i actually am a fan of tobias but i don't believe he is worth it ( max )

Henny is not a fool..

The draft could say alot...if we go SF in winslow or hezjona

we still have AG and Harkless also..

Harkless would be 5th forward, Winslow bench, AG would play PF, Harris would start.

I wouldn't expect the draft to dictate free agency too much.

Harkless would be 5th forward, Winslow bench, AG would play PF, Harris would start.

I wouldn't expect the draft to dictate free agency too much.

how much would u pay tobias cat?

I would not be surprised to see him get offered 4 years, 54mm .

And you wouldn't rather see that money get spent elsewhere? And also, you didn't answer the guys question. He was asking how much YOU would pay Tobias. Not what you think he will make.

And you wouldn't rather see that money get spent elsewhere? And also, you didn't answer the guys question. He was asking how much YOU would pay Tobias. Not what you think he will make.

We can S&T the guy right after we sign him. I answered the question - I expect him to be looking at 4 years for 54mm so if I was going to keep him here, thats what I'd be expecting to pay. Not sure how much more clear that needed to be,

We can S&T the guy right after we sign him. I answered the question - I expect him to be looking at 4 years for 54mm so if I was going to keep him here, thats what I'd be expecting to pay. Not sure how much more clear that needed to be,

For clarification, we can simultaneously sign and trade Harris. We can not sign him then trade him unless the initial contract was set up to be a sign and trade.

When this thread was startedI was all in for matching. Now that we have Skiles and are going to be focused on a kicka$$ defense I'm not so sure. I think Skiles, Henny, and Harris need to have a long chat about if they all 3 agree Harris can get better on D... and if not we S&T him.

When this thread was startedI was all in for matching. Now that we have Skiles and are going to be focused on a kicka$$ defense I'm not so sure. I think Skiles, Henny, and Harris need to have a long chat about if they all 3 agree Harris can get better on D... and if not we S&T him.

The problem with Vaughn and Borrego is they installed the de facto defense of today's nba, had guys conceptually understand what to do, but didn't demand excellence in that end. We had small stretches of brilliance on defense. It shows guys are capable. But the quality of defense varied from night to night.

Skiles doesn't put up with that.

So you don't need to give Skiles good defensive players, Skiles will make guys good defensive players or you don't play.

Tobias Harris is 24 and still hasn't hit his ceiling. Despite the fact that I don't think he's worth $15 million a year, he's still an asset that we cannot let get away for nothing. Go ahead and look at one of the only good moves Otis ever did: matched the contract of Marcin Gortat. That contract turned into a trade chip that landed us a poor return - but it was still valuable.

Tobias is young, and even at $15 million a year, is still tradable in a blockbuster deal. You don't let that kind of asset get away easily.