Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

He's attainable based on what? He's under contract for another two years.

Chicago will be firing him. He's going to be a free agent coach. If you think he will be back in Chicago, then you're extremely naive.

Logic seems to dictate that if he wanted to leave, he'd go to the best team available.

That's not the only reason to go to a team. Henny is smart; he's trying to get him to do the opposite. We're willing to pay almost double NOLA is. And he would have decisions on personnel. We have a young core and were in the eastern conference. It's not as clear cut as you think.

And, NOLA may not wait for CHI to make up their mind. They could be hiring a coach like Gentry as we speak.

Skiles has been their rumored top guy since they fired Borrego.

Oh, so this isn't conjecture?

You just said Chicago seems willing to waite until all the other vacancies are filled to fire Thibs. He doesn't sound all that available.

Well they can certainly attempt to do that. But if they have to fire him at sometime -- and that makes him attainable. It's really a matter of whether we are willing to wait.

It's tough because we have a lot of offseason work to do and a draft to get through. We need a plan of action by a coach and needs to fulfill with free agents.

Oh, so this isn't conjecture?

Yes. Yes it was. That was kinda the point, like when I said conjecture is easy, then put a colon to indicate that the following was conjecture. It was all conjecture. It is still all conjecture. . . Conjecture.

Yes. Yes it was. That was kinda the point, like when I said conjecture is easy, then put a colon to indicate that the following was conjecture. It was all conjecture. It is still all conjecture. . . Conjecture.

Well it looks like we have a new Arielle on the board.

Just because he will be fired also does not mean that he is attainable. Perhaps his relationship with SVG has soured him to the Magic organization, and perhaps Hennigan knows this. It would be like if that person looking for a meal was black, in the 1950's, and the nice hibachi place was whites only; it wouldn't really be an available choice.

Just so we're clear, the preceding was also conjecture.

There is no need to settle for Skiles at this point, it is still the first quarter, let's just go win the game/ get Thibs or Brooks... Make it happen Hennigan!

Is it possible, assuming the Skiles stuff has any legs at all, that people inside our organization don't view Skiles as "settling"?

I think Thibs was the No.1 guy and I think that's why we still don't have a coach at this point. Maybe this is us calling Chi on their bluff? If not, I think it's just the Magic moving on because ideally you would like to have a coach all settled in before the draft.

Skiles is the microwave burrito of coaches

There's nothing wrong with a microwave burrito coach. It's in many ways better than the taco bell burrito coach but obviously a far cry from the Tijuana Flats burrito coach.

Skiles is the microwave burrito of coaches

That's painfully true. lol. You've spot on with these analogies lately.