Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Well here comes the OKC express.... If Rob chooses Brooks without heavily considering others... its not going to go well if this team craps out. We will have to find a new a GM and HC again.

A bucket of sunshine as always.

• Upvote 1

Well here comes the OKC express.... If Rob chooses Brooks without heavily considering others... its not going to go well if this team craps out. We will have to find a new a GM and HC again.

I think regardless of who is brought in as coach... if the team then craps out, we will be searching for new GM and HC anyway... OKC express or not

Skiles is not good or better than Brooks but if I have a choice between Brooks or Skiles to become Magic head coach, I would take Brooks even if I do not like it

Completely agree with this. Skiles - he works guys hard, but in the end, he clashes with players and most are left with a bitter taste in their mouth.

On the other hand, Brooks' players loved him (granted - winning helps all relationships). Additionally, I have to believe his choice of offense had something to do with giving his two best guys freedom to work. Go ahead and look at Houston and you'll see multiple ISO's and Pick & Rolls with James Harden running the helm. It doesn't make you a bad coach if your play-calling plays to your team's strengths.

Thibs & Skiles drive their players into the ground. It works with hungry kids (our players), but might in the end push some away.

Thibs > Brooks > Skiles in my mind.

In the end: In Henny We Trust.

A bucket of sunshine as always.

That view is 100% true though. Henny will be hitching his GM tenure to the Brooks express if he goes that route. It'll certainly be telling if he doesn'thire him.

I agree with you though. Thibs and Gentry would be my no.1 choice, Brooks wouldn't be an all out nightmare (compared to Donovan, Skiles, IMO) but he certainly wouldn't thrill me.

X and O's should be first priority. Developing players in the NBA is overrated and vague (Durant was gonna be Durant).

• Upvote 1

Why didn't we just sign LeBron last year...?

I think signing Stevens as a head coach would have been far more realistic than signing LeBron. But I see what you tried to do there.

Would rather take Mike Malone or keep Borrego

One thing about Brooks. He has been there. tons of playoffs and a Finals appearance.

That's experience.

The players love him too.

His in game coaching is not good though.

If Durant follows Brooks to Orlando, it's a good signing. If not, it's a mistake.

That will be tough for Durant to want to follow brooks when other teams might also have a spot. Like the Lakers.

As far as other coaches I like, Thibs is solid, skiles can be over aggressive but always has his team playing D. M. Jackson has always been an interesting coach.