Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

do people hate and tune out thibs? I don't think i've heard that criticism. being serious. I feel like the bulls give just as much effort as any team.

historically weird subversive front office and ownership beefing with thibs and too many minutes criticism, I've heard. But I don't feel like anyone tunes out thibs...are there reports of tuneout?

I feel like our guys need a smart general to execute for. They are willing to do anything any coach tells them and see winning results. so far tehy've only had JV and JB bungling it learning...growing...devloping...and now thinking about SB makes me sad. so he can develop them... like jimmy butler?

I'm not convinced we need much more developing. we need a plan, and execution. Development is going to happen regardless.

I agree. I think structure and knowledge is better than development at this point. Especially when they don't need to be mutually exclusive ideas.

But I'm conflicted. I think I'd rather have Brooks than billy Donovan and Marc Jackson but I'd rather have Alvin Gentry and thibs than Brooks.

Brooks wouldn't be a terrible hire but I'm not going to be high fiving everyone around here like I did when we hired Stan

My current guess is that Brooks will be the new Magic HC with Borrego as lead assistant.

The thought of Thibs (low probability anyway), Skiles, Donovan (burned us already), makes me nauseous... not to mention Mark Jackson, Alvin Gentry, etc, etc.

I think Brooks with or without Borrego as lead asst is our best option at this point until more names emerge as candidates.

Can someone pester Aldridge to find out who all these NBA folks are that have interest in coaching Orlando?

My current guess is that Brooks will be the new Magic HC with Borrego as lead assistant.

The thought of Thibs (low probability anyway), Skiles, Donovan (burned us already), makes me nauseous... not to mention Mark Jackson, Alvin Gentry, etc, etc.

I think Brooks with or without Borrego as lead asst is our best option at this point until more names emerge as candidates.

Can someone pester Aldridge to find out who all these NBA folks are that have interest in coaching Orlando?

God I hope you're wrong. Brooks is an average coach at best and your prediction of Borrego staying on as assistant is almost guaranteed not to happen. Typically a new HC will select and bring in his own staff, so it would be highly unusual for us to pass on JB as a head coach and dictate to Brooks that he stay on as an assistant, it just doesn't work that way.

Please do not say that because I will throw up if Scott is the head coach

I hope Nuggets will hire Scott before Magic does

Coach Borrego has a future in this league and will have no problem landing an asst coach job....just not here. No new HC wants the players looking to the asst for guidance out of habit and comfort.

Coach JV on the other might be done as a coach in the league.

Please do not say that because I will throw up if Scott is the head coach

I hope Nuggets will hire Scott before Magic does

Brooks will be the Head coach for the Magic, Book it! :gold_cup:

I also think we take our shot at Thibs. We will have Skiles as a fallback which is as good or better than Brooks.

I also think we take our shot at Thibs. We will have Skiles as a fallback which is as good or better than Brooks.

Nah, Brooks is better than skiles

• Upvote 1

Skiles is not good or better than Brooks but if I have a choice between Brooks or Skiles to become Magic head coach, I would take Brooks even if I do not like it