Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Martins said there is plenty for Magic fans to be excited about with a promising core of players already in place, a new head coach about to be hired and another top-five talent from the draft on the way. Also, the Magic plan to be extremely active in free agency in July in hopes of adding pieces that will further round out the roster.

``There’s a lot of reason for excitement with a new leader, the right leader for this young core and adding another critical piece to the foundation and then what we’re going to be able to accomplish in free agency,’’ Martins said. ``Next year is going to be a very exciting year for us. We have high hopes for the team on the floor next season.’’

Roll on next season already!!

To be fair to Thibs he's never really coached a top 10 draft pick. I mean he just played Mirotic pretty big minutes as a rookie considering how stacked his frontcourt was. And also the sporadic first year minutes didn't seem to hinder the development of Asik or Butler.

To be fair to Thibs he's never really coached a top 10 draft pick. I mean he just played Mirotic pretty big minutes as a rookie considering how stacked his frontcourt was. And also the sporadic first year minutes didn't seem to hinder the development of Asik or Butler.

Derrick Rose says hi.

Martins said there is plenty for Magic fans to be excited about with a promising core of players already in place, a new head coach about to be hired and another top-five talent from the draft on the way. Also, the Magic plan to be extremely active in free agency in July in hopes of adding pieces that will further round out the roster.

``There’s a lot of reason for excitement with a new leader, the right leader for this young core and adding another critical piece to the foundation and then what we’re going to be able to accomplish in free agency,’’ Martins said. ``Next year is going to be a very exciting year for us. We have high hopes for the team on the floor next season.’’

Roll on next season already!!

Martins is like a carnival barker. I can remember the firmness saying we wouldnt be in a rebuild for 3 years and would be back much quicker than that....yeah sure Alex. Weve got a long way to go.

• Upvote 1

Martins is like a carnival barker. I can remember the firmness saying we wouldnt be in a rebuild for 3 years and would be back much quicker than that....yeah sure Alex. Weve got a long way to go.

What do you expect? It's basically politician speech.

According to Magical, the Magic have reached out to Fred Hoiberg of Iowa State and this is a ploy to get the Bulls to loosen their grips on Thibs.

Thoughts?

Link to tweet

I read that on twitter from somebody else too. Basically said T'Wolves, Bulls, Magic and Pels have all reached out to him. Iowa State pretty much know he's not coming back. Apparently with the T'Wolves getting #1 they might make a push for Hoiberg (he has friends in their FO apparently) so the Bulls need to move soon if they want to secure him as the replacement. Rumors also say that he'd take the Bulls job if offered it.