Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

In the trade between the Clippers and Celtics, the Clippers gave up a 2015 First round pick for Doc, which means it will be a late first rounder. I certainly wouldn't give up our pick this year, but maybe a future first if it means we have a great coach that would might even attract free agents, etc. God help us if we end up giving them a lottery pick, that would be dumb!

I'm on this train. A 2018 first of some variety I would be fine with. Thibs turns any team in 3-4 years into a playoff team in the East, where 1st's are not nearly as important.

This year however: hell no.

This is a delicate dance. Does NO or ORL give up a 1st? Do both? Is the person who gets the rights 1st the one who will sign him? Or does he have an order? Can that preference be known? If ORL gives a 1st but he wants NO, what happens? Lots of scenarios and I have no idea what the protocol is for these things.

To make sure the other guys don't get him

If the Pelicans are the only competition. Why not. Yea they got Anthony Davis but the rest of that roster sucks. And in the West. I don't know the rules but the most I'd be willing to trade would be like. Harkless. Everyone and their mom knows the Bulls want him out they have no leverage. I would chuckle if they asked me for a first round pick. Hell I'd counter back with a Jimmy Butler for Tobias Harris sign and trade :P/>

In the trade between the Clippers and Celtics, the Clippers gave up a 2015 First round pick for Doc, which means it will be a late first rounder. I certainly wouldn't give up our pick this year, but maybe a future first if it means we have a great coach that would might even attract free agents, etc. God help us if we end up giving them a lottery pick, that would be dumb!

For thibs

I don't think the gap is big enough from Scott to give up a 1st. I'd give a second round pick. That is about it.

I dunno, if he goes somewhere else, he will not be a big loss, there is other candiaties out there

Exactly. This is Thibs were talking about. A good coach, a coach that I would like, but I don't even have him on Stan Van Gundys level so I'm not trading first round picks for him.

Exactly. This is Thibs were talking about. A good coach, a coach that I would like, but I don't even have him on Stan Van Gundys level so I'm not trading first round picks for him.

Without question! Agree 110% and I would even go as far to say that Thibbs would be the coach with the system to place us back into the realm of EC respectability!

But there are others who could do the same! Scott Brooks, Alvin Gentry and even Scott Skiles would fare quite well!

What we are sold on with Thibbs is his defensive expertise, which is the one thing this young team needs, because we do know how to score...........we just need a coach who can command the respect of these players to put it all together!

By the way, SVG is a better coach!!!

I honestly don't have a problem if we say screw it and bring on Brooks. Thibs is my #1 coach, I know the Magic had dialogue with his team a month ago, and the feelers were already out. So if Thibs decides he would rather coach New Orleans - no problem. I want a coach that wants THIS job and wants to take us back to contention.

Talk to Gentry, talk to Hoiberg,talk to Brooks. Pick one.

Hoiberg is most likely going to Chicago, but he is very intriguing if you look at his system. It is very much a modern NBA system based on switching and floor spacing. He could easily be the next Brad Stevens.

I honestly don't have a problem if we say screw it and bring on Brooks. Thibs is my #1 coach, I know the Magic had dialogue with his team a month ago, and the feelers were already out. So if Thibs decides he would rather coach New Orleans - no problem. I want a coach that wants THIS job and wants to take us back to contention.

Talk to Gentry, talk to Hoiberg,talk to Brooks. Pick one.

Hoiberg is most likely going to Chicago, but he is very intriguing if you look at his system. It is very much a modern NBA system based on switching and floor spacing. He could easily be the next Brad Stevens.

Funny you mention Hoiberg, he scares me because he is 42 and this is his 2nd heart operation! Other than that, well worth consideration.

I also 2nd wanting the "coach who wants this job" I think we should plan to bring in Brooks and Gentry ASAP, while the Bulls FO play their head games!

Funny you mention Hoiberg, he scares me because he is 42 and this is his 2nd heart operation! Other than that, well worth consideration.

I also 2nd wanting the "coach who wants this job" I think we should plan to bring in Brooks and Gentry ASAP, while the Bulls FO play their head games!

I don't think we can bring Gentry in till the Warriors are done.