Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

TBH, OKC firing him wasn't that fair because he had no control over the injuries made. However, Presti is looking for a coach that will guide the team to success and to keep for the long term.

Lets give Brooks a try and if he fails the first year and doesn't coach the young squad to the playoffs, he is out.

Actually wouldn't mind getting Brooks. He could be a nice transition coach or even improve (as some professionals do) and become an elite coach

And let's not forget Brooks took us to the gold medal in the Olympics. Granted it was ice hockey, but who wouldn't want a coach like that??

• Upvote 2

Thibs doesnt seem to be a very good Xs+Os guy either. Watched the 4th quarter of the game tonight and it was all 1 on 1, drive and create.

However, defensively...pretty amazing 2OT shut down

Thibs doesnt seem to be a very good Xs+Os guy either. Watched the 4th quarter of the game tonight and it was all 1 on 1, drive and create.

However, defensively...pretty amazing 2OT shut down

He is actually a good X's & O's guy, buy he also knows when to let his best player work. Watch his teams w/o Rose and you would see it

I think my opinion is settling in on 1. Brooks 2. Thibs (worried about him running our guys into the ground) 3. Gentry.

Also there's number four.. anyone with some mutha :shard: head coach experience at some point or another.

IMO we'll get a great coach this time around.

Have to. One would think that this is where we start to turn the corner and become more and more competitive. Hiring a coach without experience this time around, a la Jacque Vaughn, is too much of a risk.

IMO, Vaughn was brought in as the sacrificial lamb. If he worked out, great, but I don't really believe he was viewed as the long term answer. I said that at the time. He was just a low risk hire for the time being

• Upvote 1

IMO, Vaughn was brought in as the sacrificial lamb. If he worked out, great, but I don't really believe he was viewed as the long term answer. I said that at the time

Agreed 110%

Per RealGM, OKC is apparently looking at Ettore Messina as a coach replacement.

He is a current Spurs assistant, and one of the best ever Euro coaches.. prob on Henny's radar as well