Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

GAMETHREAD: magic vs bulls

This is stupid.

We've won 3 in a row, after we'd lost 14 of 17.

So we've won 6 of our last 20 under Borrego. That's TERRIBLE.

Maybe I'm just that impressed with Borrego and what he's doing because Vaughn was SO BAD.

I also think about how the games I have watched, the Magic have been competitive, though I must admit that I didn't watch games like the Spurs, the Pistons, the Hawks, the Mavericks... so I'm somewhat seeing all of this through rosey lenses.

In the end, can we all just agree that Henny will do what he thinks is best for this team? All I'm saying is that I'm impressed with the growth this team has shown in the past 3 games and I'm even more impressed that Borrego seems to have great rotations, smart play calling, and gets more out of these players than anyone else has this season.

How good is it to have Fournier back

Tonight he played like he did at the beginning of the season. It's kind of like the "what could have been" if injuries and Vaughn's coaching not gotten in the way.

People who complain when Dipo tries to be the man, need to put this one in the memory bank. Year 2 folks. Only year 2.

Oh and Payton is not human.

I think the Magic players were actually encouraged by Channing and Tobias being benched for their sub par play. One guy for the night..the other guy for the entire season.

Vaughn sure as hell wouldn't bench them. He would ride it all night to the sunset.

=--------------

I should include that Borrego called out the team for not trying hard enough at home this season. The commentators also chimed in by saying that the players are much more enthusiastic on the road rather than at home.

I would say, its less of that case from Payton and Vucevic.

Guys... if Orlando wins against Toronto (do they have any reason to try and beat us?), is everyone more open to Borrego being our head coach? After watching how much has this team grown, how awesome the rotations have been, and how hard they're playing as a unit... I'm really starting to consider it if there is no "home run" out there... these guys seem to really like playing for Borrego. From what I read, that seems to be the difference between Vaughn and Borrego for a lot of these guys.

I'm excited for our future.

No. Ugh don't wanna go any further into this but can't help myself...

How do you or I know there is no "home run" out there? Did any of us know Doc was going to be one of the best coaches in the NBA? The next great "home run" coach is out there some where right now, we just may or may not know him. But as much as we think we know, none of us are experts on what coaches are out there or who Rob is going to interview.

Do you really think Rob is sitting there like "Okay, if he wins 1 or 2 more games, I'm going to let him be our head coach"?. It doesn't work like that. Teams generally respond after a head coach is fired. And there is no doubt we are playing better with JB, but this is a team that just lost 10 of it's last 11 prior to this little 3 game winning streak. It's crazy how quickly people forget.

I've said no all along. I like JB and think he is far better than Vaughn ever was or will be, but I do not think Rob is going to take a gamble like that. Not with what will be riding on this next coaching hire. Again, even with this 3 game winning streak, were 4-11 during our last 14. Improvement is there, but I think it's important to put it into perspective.

How do you or I know there is no "home run" out there? Did any of us know Doc was going to be one of the best coaches in the NBA? The next great "home run" coach is out there some where right now, we just may or may not know him. But as much as we think we know, none of us are experts on what coaches are out there or who Rob is going to interview.

Do you really think Rob is sitting there like "Okay, if he wins 1 or 2 more games, I'm going to let him be our head coach"?. It doesn't work like that. Teams generally respond after a head coach is fired. And there is no doubt we are playing better with JB, but this is a team that just lost 10 of it's last 11 prior to this little 3 game winning streak. It's crazy how quickly people forget.

I've said no all along. I like JB and think he is far better than Vaughn ever was or will be, but I do not think Rob is going to take a gamble like that. Not with what will be riding on this next coaching hire. Again, even with this 3 game winning streak, were 4-11 during our last 14. Improvement is there, but I think it's important to put it into perspective.

Oh - I totally agree. Rob will do his homework and due diligence in finding a replacement. Unfortunately, even if we DO win out, the last four games will be against the Raptors, Knicks, Heat, and Nets. We'll have won 7 in a row... but against what competition? Would that be enough to sway management? Can he do anything?

I don't know what we'll do, but in the end, it's fun to play with scenarios. I trust Henny's judgement.

Despite the record with Borrego at the helm, there is clearly something different and something better with the team. We are at least competitive in most of the games since JB took over. He deserves a shot. JB is a disciple of Pops after all.

The Magic are 5-2 when Payton plays 40 minutes or more. The two losses were @Dallas and @San Antonio.

To me this stat just means that are biggest weakness is a total lack of a backup point guard. Elfrid has been incredible lately though

Do you really think Doc is one of the best coaches in the NBA? He was basically gift wrapped a title. He probably should have won more than one with the talent he had when he coached the Celtics.

Payton is the man. His growth has been amazing.

The rookie point guard continues to shine, averaging 14.1 points, 9.7 assists, 7.3 boards and 2.6 steals over his last nine games. Payton has even shot .481 (53-for-110) from the floor and .895 (17-for-19) from the free throw line over that stretch, turning from a liability into an asset in those categories.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2583639/elfrid-payton

Two players that seem to be really benefiting from JB are Payton and Gordon. While I don't think JB will get the gig, he deserves major props in the development of those two rooks.