Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I feel like Dedmon is kind of like a poor mans Deandre Jordan and im ok with that.

I think that's beyond a stretch even if you say "a poor mans". Jordan is the best rebounder since Rodman. And who cares if he just stays in the paint and defends that's the whole point of what were missing. Vuch can go out and guard PF's. I'm not a huge fan of Jordan, but I'll give credit where its due. The guy averaged 16 points and 17 boards a game in March with Blake out. Those are insane numbers that we haven't come close to seeing since Rodman. But yea we have Dedmon. This to me is like fan biased at it's worse.

I would still prefer Green to Jordan, but I would be excited with Jordan as well.

Payton

Dipo

Mario/Stanley/Winslow

Vuch

Jordan

or

Payton

Dipo

Mario/Stanly/Winslow

Green

Vuch

I think that's beyond a stretch even if you say "a poor mans". Jordan is the best rebounder since Rodman. And who cares if he just stays in the paint and defends that's the whole point of what were missing. Vuch can go out and guard PF's. I'm not a huge fan of Jordan, but I'll give credit where its due. The guy averaged 16 points and 17 boards a game in March with Blake out. Those are insane numbers that we haven't come close to seeing since Rodman. But yea we have Dedmon. This to me is like fan biased at it's worse.

I would still prefer Green to Jordan, but I would be excited with Jordan as well.

Payton

Dipo

Mario/Stanley/Winslow

Vuch

Jordan

or

Payton

Dipo

Mario/Stanly/Winslow

Green

Vuch

No. His rebounding numbers are somewhat lying. Jordan sells out for rebounds and takes them from teammates (See how Griffin's rebounding numbers have dropped off).

When Jordan goes out of the game, the clippers rebound at the exact same rate. Logically speaking, if he was a great rebounder you would see some sort of drop off.

Doc asks him to protect the rim and rebound and acts like he's doing God's work to inflate his ego (much like you'll give a standing ovation to a toddler when they poop in the toilet. It's positive reinforcement.)

So Jordan goes out and grabs every single rebound when he's in the game and fights his own guards for them.

In short, saying dedmon is a poor man's Jordan is appropriate. They're both rebounders and rim protectors that will never have an offensive play run for them ever.

No. His rebounding numbers are somewhat lying. Jordan sells out for rebounds and takes them from teammates (See how Griffin's rebounding numbers have dropped off).

When Jordan goes out of the game, the clippers rebound at the exact same rate. Logically speaking, if he was a great rebounder you would see some sort of drop off.

Doc asks him to protect the rim and rebound and acts like he's doing God's work to inflate his ego (much like you'll give a standing ovation to a toddler when they poop in the toilet. It's positive reinforcement.)

So Jordan goes out and grabs every single rebound when he's in the game and fights his own guards for them.

In short, saying dedmon is a poor man's Jordan is appropriate. They're both rebounders and rim protectors that will never have an offensive play run for them ever.

I agree with some of what your saying. Doc is annoying with his Jordan praise. But Dedmon isnt 1/4 the athlete Jordan is, not 1/4 the shot blocker Jordan is, not 1/8 the rebounder Jordan is, but I guess he is going to be about 1/8 cheaper. So I guess in that regard it makes sense. Again, I don't love Jordan. But to say Demon is even a poor mans version of him is a major homer stretch IMO. And I like Dedmon. Actually one of my favorite players to watch play on the entire team. I wish other guys would play as hard as him.

I agree with some of what your saying. Doc is annoying with his Jordan praise. But Dedmon isnt 1/4 the athlete Jordan is, not 1/4 the shot blocker Jordan is, not 1/8 the rebounder Jordan is, but I guess he is going to be about 1/8 cheaper. So I guess in that regard it makes sense. Again, I don't love Jordan. But to say Demon is even a poor mans version of him is a major homer stretch IMO. And I like Dedmon. Actually one of my favorite players to watch play on the entire team. I wish other guys would play as hard as him.

So he's a destitute man's version of Jordan then

Big men always carry a premium price, and as such the pickings are pretty slim when it comes to scavenging for cost-effective reserves to fill out a frontline. One intriguing change-of-scenery candidate is O'Quinn, a 2012 second-round pick known for his physicality, unselfishness, passing ability, intelligence and an adequate mid-range game.

The 6-foot-10 forward/center is averaging 12.8 points and 8.6 rebounds per 36 minutes this season, but he's been a cast-off recently with the Magic firing coach Jacque Vaughn in February and interim coach James Borrego turning over some playing time to 7-footer Dewayne Dedmon, a midseason addition. O'Quinn recently told the Orlando Sentinel that his demotion has been "tough."

The writing just seems like it's on the wall here: O'Quinn, 25, is headed for restricted free agency this summer, but he's battling with the likes of Nikola Vucevic (already inked to a long-term extension), Channing Frye (signed to a multi-year deal last summer), Aaron Gordon (a 2014 lottery pick), and Andrew Nicholson (a 2012 first-round pick), among others, for playing time. Orlando has struggled to make progress this season—ranking in the bottom five in both offense and defense—and O'Quinn looks to be an afterthought for a team that needs to develop its young backcourt and make a big free-agency decision on Tobias Harris.

O'Quinn is easy to underestimate: he plays for an oft-overlooked Magic team mired in a rough rebuilding effort, he doesn't shoot threes like so many other young bigs, and he doesn't possess a rim-protector's prototypical physique. Nevertheless, he's a skilled, no-nonsense, team-first type who has the potential to be a contributor on both ends at his next stop.

http://www.si.com/nb...ani-kyle-oquinn

Put it this way: in order to justify how completely useless Deandre Jordan is offensively, he'd have to be at prime Mt. Mutombo level on defense.

Instead he's a good rebounder who does nothing else well other than "camp in the paint to block shots". He's a net negative for his team on defense. And someone will pay him 15m. It's nuts.

Put it this way: in order to justify how completely useless Deandre Jordan Channing Frye is offensively defensively, he'd have to be at prime Mt. Mutombo Michael Jordan level on defense offense.

Instead he's a good rebounder 3 point shooter who does nothing else well other than "camp in the paint to block shots" camp on the perimeter to shoot 3's. He's a net negative for his team on defense offense. And someone will pay him 15m 8m. It's nuts.

Fixed

• Upvote 1

Put it this way: in order to justify how completely useless Deandre Jordan Channing Frye is offensively defensively, he'd have to be at prime Mt. Mutombo Michael Jordan level on defense offense.<br style="font-family: helvetica, arial; font-size: 11.25px; line-height: 18.75px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);"><br style="font-family: helvetica, arial; font-size: 11.25px; line-height: 18.75px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">Instead he's a good rebounder 3 point shooter who does nothing else well other than "camp in the paint to block shots" camp on the perimeter to shoot 3's. He's a net negative for his team on defense offense. And someone will pay him 15m 8m. It's nuts.

Well.....smile_headbang.gif

Put it this way: in order to justify how completely useless Deandre Jordan is offensively, he'd have to be at prime Mt. Mutombo level on defense.

Instead he's a good rebounder who does nothing else well other than "camp in the paint to block shots". He's a net negative for his team on defense. And someone will pay him 15m. It's nuts.

I'd still rather pay him than Tobias.