Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Don't think Barnes will ever be as good as people think he should be, but he is a solid starter in the league, and he has consistently improved every year.

Would prefer Brewer though. He would fit in perfectly, but he might be better suited as a bench player

A lot of people thought Barnes was bad a year ago and would mock you if you mentioned trading T12 for him.

I personally like Barnes a lot, but we need even better shooting at SF.

A lot of people thought Barnes was bad a year ago and would mock you if you mentioned trading T12 for him.

I personally like Barnes a lot, but we need even better shooting at SF.

This.

He's in a perfect situation, but he can't be anything more than the 4th best player on a team

This.

He's in a perfect situation, but he can't be anything more than the 4th best player on a team

How I feel about Harris.

We haven't talked about this at all: Do you think Kyle O'Quinn is on our team at the beginning of next season?

I do not think he will command too much money from other teams, but I do think the Magic will resign him. From my understanding, he's a veteran-like leader amongst our young guys (even though he is young as well), and is a clear locker room presence you want on a young team.

We haven't talked about this at all: Do you think Kyle O'Quinn is on our team at the beginning of next season?

I do not think he will command too much money from other teams, but I do think the Magic will resign him. From my understanding, he's a veteran-like leader amongst our young guys (even though he is young as well), and is a clear locker room presence you want on a young team.

Yea he cost himself a lot of money with his performance from last season. For whatever reason, he never seemed comfortable on the floor last year. Skiles could help that if Quinn is still around.

I think we should keep him. He has potential with better coaches

Since this is an offseason thread I don't think it's off topic. Anyone seen this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/report--dwyane-wade-could-be-ready-to-leave-the-miami-heat-011050149.html

I think that's interesting. He'll get paid $15 million this season, and yet he think he's worth more? Sure he has name recognition, but with how many games he misses, I think that would be absurd to pay him $20 million / season for the next 3 years, even with the salary cap bump.

I think it's also a slap in the face to Wade that they won't fork over money due to him (like Kobe - not worth it but paying him to stay) vs. giving Chris Bosh the MAX last summer.

I think that's interesting. He'll get paid $15 million this season, and yet he think he's worth more? Sure he has name recognition, but with how many games he misses, I think that would be absurd to pay him $20 million / season for the next 3 years, even with the salary cap bump.

I think it's also a slap in the face to Wade that they won't fork over money due to him (like Kobe - not worth it but paying him to stay) vs. giving Chris Bosh the MAX last summer.

It isn't that surprising that the Heat don't want to sign him for that amount of money. He's very injury prone and even if he wasn't he sure isn't worth a max contract at this stage of his career(same goes for Kobe). I think the Bosh max deal was kind of reactionary(they just lost the best player in the NBA). I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some other team signed Wade for the max though(if for nothing else to drum up interest for an unpopular franchise).

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Have no sense of it -- a number of teams tried at the trade deadline, but couldn't get a deal done. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

@stevekylerNBA What is Mo Harkless' trade value?

Magic tried to move him to New York, but his $2.8 million owed this season hit their cap too hard. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

That was the same problem with moving Nicholson - taking on cap space and giving up an asset was too much Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

He would like a chance to make it work... I have no sense of their plan post-Skiles hire. Steve Kyler added,

-- @Loo_life

@stevekylerNBA still think they will try to move him there this offseason?

Shane Larkin in one scenario -- Quincy Acy in another -- Knicks wouldn't take the salary. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

@stevekylerNBA What were they wanting from the Knicks?

Tried that and found no traction -- hard to get picks for someone you won't play. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

@stevekylerNBA Orlando wasn't demanding any picks for Mo?

Did more than that -- but that happens when you have four guys that play the same spot and don't run anything there. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

@stevekylerNBA Just my opinion, Orlando bungled Mo's value/development by not playing him when they weren't winning anyways.

The simplistic playbook, and the SF's role to camp out in the corner killed them. Not just Mo, but all of them. Steve Kyler added,

JPM @Jopatmc1967

@stevekylerNBA Just my opinion, Orlando bungled Mo's value/development by not playing him when they weren't winning anyways.