Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Fournier is no slouch and can play minutes at the 3 as well. What I like about our team now is that we have good shooters at every position. If there are nights where Oladipo and Gordon are struggling to find their shots and spread the floor then Fournier and Hezonja can come in and change things up

It will be difficult for teams to leave a player and double against some of our potential lineups

It is incredibly difficult, I've been trying to figure it out since I posted that... Below is about as good as I can get it:

PG: Payton 30, Watson 15, Oladipo 3

SG: Oladipo 28, Hezonja 8, Fournier 12

SF: Harris 16, Gordon 10 , Hezonja 11, Fournier 11

PF: Harris 18, Gordon 16, Frye/Smith 12, Hezonja 2

C: Vuc 34, Frye/Smith/Dedmon 14

Totals:

Payton 30

Oladipo 31

Harris 34

Vuc 34

Gordon 26

Fournier 23

Hezonja 21

Watson 15

Frye/Smith/Dedmon 26

That's about as good as I can manage to get it when everybody is healthy. I don't feel too bad about having Dipo and Payton not playing huge minutes because it allows both of them to keep up intensity on defense and unlike last year we're not bringing in Ridnour, Ben Gordon and Willie Green when they go out. Still it's not ideal, I'd like a couple more minutes for Watson, Fournier, Hezonja and Gordon which I suppose you can take from Frye/Smith/Dedmon but I can't really imagine those guys not getting some burn. We'll have injuries though so it'll sort itself out probably.

You left out Napier.

I reckon it will be something along these lines (well at least during the first half of the season):

Payton: 28-32

Oladipo: 30-36

Harris: 30-36

Gordon: 24-28

Vucevic: 30-36

Fournier 18-24

Hezonja 18-24

Watson 15-20

Frye 15-22

Smith 12-16

Dedmon - Situational

So did you.

Napier to me could be the backup PG sooner than later. I also think he may play next to Watson sometimes as well. I have been talking to some Heat buddies about this trade and they are sick about it. They would much rather have this guy than Chalmers, but Chalmers is unmovable. They all told me we stole him and they are pissed. LOL.

Meanwhile some of the dumb Heat fans I know say he is probably not as good as Zoran Dragic

You think we're going to play three point guards per game?

No idea, but I'm positive he will average some amount of mpg, which is what was being predicted in those posts if I'm not mistaken.

No idea, but I'm positive he will average some amount of mpg, which is what was being predicted in those posts if I'm not mistaken.

He'll get minutes when guys get injured or in foul trouble. Generally speaking we're only going to play 10 guys per game.

You left out Napier.

I didn't. That post was if everyone is healthy. I'm certain Napier will average some minutes per game but I'm also pretty confident he'll probably have 30 DNP-CDs.

I would like to see Nik closer to 30mpg, especially toward the beginning of the season. That doesn't free up a ton of wing minutes, but it might allow a couple more minutes of a Dedmon-Gordon-Harris-Hedonism-Payton or Dedmon-Gordon-Hedonism-Vic-Payton lineup...which could be really fun to watch. I also don't envision Harris back at 34mpg, 30-31 seems like a good amount of floor time for him assuming he can keep up on defense. I think Vic is going to be our minutes leader, imo.

Napier is a long shot for minutes. He first will have to prove he is more worthy of suiting up with the team over Keith Appling and Tyler Harvey. He probably will, but I doubt the Magic lock him into that role with no battle.

But I'm glad we gambled on a young PG with some actual upside, we almost always have past their prime backup PGs even back to the Dwight days (Anthony Johnson, Jason Williams, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Duhon, Luke Ridnour etc.) so I think the hope is they can develop Napier into a solid long term backup to Payton. But regardless of what happens, we gave up nothing to get him so it's a good move.

Wouldn't mind seeing Napier in the D-League for a good bit of the season, either. Would probably better for his development, anyway

If Oladipo doesn't play some point guard then Fournier and Hezonja are going to have a hard time finding minutes

Fournier will back up Dipo at SG while Hezonja will play SF I surmise.