Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I think the best result of this trade is Dipo will not be playing ANY pg minutes. While I think those minutes were a good experience he needs to play full time at SG.

Henny did an outstanding job shoring up our back up PG after a season of seeing Ridnour, Dipo and Willie Green trying to hold down the fort while Elfrid was resting.

I think the best result of this trade is Dipo will not be playing ANY pg minutes. While I think those minutes were a good experience he needs to play full time at SG.

Henny did an outstanding job shoring up our back up PG after a season of seeing Ridnour, Dipo and Willie Green trying to hold down the fort while Elfrid was resting.

If Oladipo doesn't play some point guard then Fournier and Hezonja are going to have a hard time finding minutes

If Oladipo doesn't play some point guard then Fournier and Hezonja are going to have a hard time finding minutes

Fournier maybe but Hezonja can spend time at the 3 and even the 4 in some lineups (similar to Middleton playing some 4 for the Bucks last year).

Fournier maybe but Hezonja can spend time at the 3 and even the 4 in some lineups (similar to Middleton playing some 4 for the Bucks last year).

Count the minutes available in lineups. It's going to be difficult.

If it is anything like last season there seemed to be an injury to at least one of our wings most games during the season. That is the only way I can see there being enough minutes to go around without at least 1 (maybe 2) players not getting the minutes they want.

Adding Napier comes with an almost nonexistent risk here for Orlando. While he was well short of brilliant as a rookie, Napier still has intriguing off-the-dribble creation skills and plays with a high motor. He needs to tone down his tendency to dribble aimlessly—48.7 percent of his shots last season came after two or more dribbles—but Napier has the tools to become a serviceable backup guard.

Defense will need to be a consistent area of improvement. Opponents shot 6.6 percent better than their regular-season average when Napier defended them. His size (6'1") was a real problem when opposing players made their way deep into the paint, as they hit 53.5 percent of their looks inside 10 feet. But Napier flashed some real strides in Las Vegas Summer League on both ends of the floor.

"Now it's just continue to get better," Napier said, per Winderman. "This is a new learning experience for me. I'm going to continue to increase my knowledge. At the end of the day, summer league is to help you out and I want to continue to grow, continue to get as better as I possibly could."

Orlando will hope those improvements carry over into next season. But even if they don't, this is a situation where an asset was available for little in return. These are the types of moves smart front offices make all the time.

http://bleacherrepor...ts-and-reaction

It is incredibly difficult, I've been trying to figure it out since I posted that... Below is about as good as I can get it:

PG: Payton 30, Watson 15, Oladipo 3

SG: Oladipo 28, Hezonja 8, Fournier 12

SF: Harris 16, Gordon 10 , Hezonja 11, Fournier 11

PF: Harris 18, Gordon 16, Frye/Smith 12, Hezonja 2

C: Vuc 34, Frye/Smith/Dedmon 14

Totals:

Payton 30

Oladipo 31

Harris 34

Vuc 34

Gordon 26

Fournier 23

Hezonja 21

Watson 15

Frye/Smith/Dedmon 26

That's about as good as I can manage to get it when everybody is healthy. I don't feel too bad about having Dipo and Payton not playing huge minutes because it allows both of them to keep up intensity on defense and unlike last year we're not bringing in Ridnour, Ben Gordon and Willie Green when they go out. Still it's not ideal, I'd like a couple more minutes for Watson, Fournier, Hezonja and Gordon which I suppose you can take from Frye/Smith/Dedmon but I can't really imagine those guys not getting some burn. We'll have injuries though so it'll sort itself out probably.

Also we've said Skiles is the kind of coach who holds his players responsible. Playing time is not automatic. Goof off on defense and you may find yourself on the bench. Having some depth allows him the flexibility to coach like that.

Also we've said Skiles is the kind of coach who holds his players responsible. Playing time is not automatic. Goof off on defense and you may find yourself on the bench. Having some depth allows him the flexibility to coach like that.

Right, but on average it's still going to be a standard rotation. Some games Oladipo might play 42 minutes. Some days he might get in foul trouble or goof off on defense and play 22 minutes. But the base rotation is going to have Oladipo playing 30-36 minutes (based on how much a starting sg generally plays) and then tweak things from there.

We're discussing base rotations.

If Rob's mission this offseason was to add shooters, he's succeeded. Now it is up to Gordon and Mario to have a coming out party, Oladipo and Payton to take the next step and Harris and Vuc to do what they do.

I reckon it will be something along these lines (well at least during the first half of the season):

Payton: 28-32

Oladipo: 30-36

Harris: 30-36

Gordon: 24-28

Vucevic: 30-36

Fournier 18-24

Hezonja 18-24

Watson 15-20

Frye 15-22

Smith 12-16

Dedmon - Situational

Fournier is no slouch and can play minutes at the 3 as well. What I like about our team now is that we have good shooters at every position. If there are nights where Oladipo and Gordon are struggling to find their shots and spread the floor then Fournier and Hezonja can come in and change things up