Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

You guys should check out the latest Zach Lowe podcast. They talk about how the Spurs build a culture and develop their young guys so they want to be there. It is a mirror image of the stuff Rob has always said.

I believe it works. Looking at how we now retain our guys and they claim they want to be here is a rather nice change of pace.

I'd rather have Smith than Zaza. Basically because it's clear that the Magic are not that concerned with having a classic 4 man. They want offense from that position for their scheme.

...this strikes me as being the equivalent of having a VERY STRONG OPINION about which wrist you should wear your watch on.

Does your left wrist prefer offense and your right wrist fouls and relative rim protection?

Offense seems to be more of a premium, understand the Smith choice.

C.J. Watson Scouting Report from Orlando Magic Daily:

This may be a good fit for him since Orlando has plenty of defensive-minded guards on their roster that can counterbalance Watson’s defensive deficiencies with his instant offense.

I was a little surprised Larry Bird publicly stated in the end-of-year press conference the Pacers and Watson would be parting ways, especially since Bird has a long history of being extremely vague when speaking directly to the media.

I do not think there were any internal issues involving Watson and teammates, coaching staff, etc. He was a true professional.

I really believe it was the multiple injuries he suffered leading to missing critical games in multiple stretches of the schedule. He would also get outplayed by typical third-string point guard Donald Sloan on a regular basis.

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/07/09/c-j-watson-scouting-report/

GO MAGIC !!!

We have to be exploring some trades, that's the only reason I can think of why we haven't signed Tobias and Smith yet. Unless those guys are just out of the country or something.