Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Yep. Its not exactly true though.

Reality is the Magic did not see Battie as a starter long term and SVG had a ton of analytics about how he thought the 4 out scheme would work to be extremely successful in the NBA with a guy like Dwight in the middle. He went over this stuff in his interview.

It was essentially considered a little progressive and not a first option. Battie was the safe first option, but it was something they were going to slowly explore. Once Battie went down it was THE plan.

It's amazing how now its becoming the standard.

Another thing that always fascinated me is how SVG expected Dwght to improve his post game as to be able to to dominate any C in single coverage and Dwight never elevated his game to be able to do it against certain guys.

He still can't score on Kendrick Perkins

You been in the board since 08, but on the side it says you join on 2010. Apparently you are just a complete liar.

I'm on the same boat. I had another account before this one

You been in the board since 08, but on the side it says you join on 2010. Apparently you are just a complete liar.

Some people lurk for a while before posting

• Upvote 1

I use to post on the same board. I remember his posts quite well.

At times he would post outrageous things. I wonder if some of it was either him being given misinformation on purpose or him misinforming on purpose.

The former. It happens a fair amount.

He still can't score on Kendrick Perkins

Nope. And it's crazy how a guy with that type of talent struggles still with this stuff.

Boards were upgraded a few years ago and a lot of people lost their login info, thus they had to make new accounts. See Mauro.

Even if he did start posting in 2010, why does it bother you?

Fresh article from NBA.com about Exum...says he will be in attack mode this year unlike last season when he hovered around the arc...article says why he did that.

Says absolutely nothing about switching positions and or playing SG.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/07/08/utahs-dante-exum-attacking-year-two-aggressively/index.html

Fresh article from NBA.com about Exum...says he will be in attack mode this year unlike last season when he hovered around the arc...article says why he did that.

Says absolutely nothing about switching positions and or playing SG.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/07/08/utahs-dante-exum-attacking-year-two-aggressively/index.html

Talk is cheap. Will believe it when I see it.

Near baseless opinion? Wow, thats a pretty strong reach for someone who is looking at the wrong+/- stats.

Acorrding to your link for plus minus, the worst players on our team are Harris, Oladipo and Vuc. Did you process that when you made this long winded response and called my information baseless? Or did you knowingly go into an argument basing your entire opinion on numbers that do not accurately reflect the players actual performance?

Look, make life easy on yourself and go to basketball reference. The stats are laid out a lot better and make a lot more sense. If you truly think Vuc and Oladipo and Harris are the worst players on this team. I don't know what else to tell you.

Except he isn't. And I have stated multiple times I know the guy and he has been connected to the Magic and is friends with a lot of folks there since the team started. Why you constantly craft posts saying the same thing about him ill never know, but you act like he kicked your ass in a fight or something.

NOBODY will get inside info that is correct every time. No one. Only guy who gets that exception is Woj that I am aware of.

If you checked the links (there were five) only one was not from basketball reference. The only reason you say they are the wrong +/- stats is because they don't jive with your narrative. Those are the actual +/- and are available on every basketball site, including basketball reference. They are the same numbers everywhere. I included those from a different source than basketball reference to emphasize the diversity of ways to prove you wrong. And, for your education, NBA.com has expanded their metrics data that is very usable-more sortable than basketball reference, though still not my go to site.

If you believe that a single +/- stat holds much weight in how a player is ranked on our team then you clearly don't know as much about metrics as I wrongly gave you credit for. Now, when you compile multiple +/- stats together, they quickly start gaining statistical significance...and thus are more useful for what you are trying to do (for future arguments).

The only reason I mentioned the single +/- stat in the response is because you directly said it was something, when it wasn't. You got called out for being continually factually incorrect, hence near-baseless. Accept it and get over it. Just consider it a win that I gave you some benefit of the doubt by adding "near", since I generally don't disagree with your assessments I don't think your a complete idiot-just obtuse, that's all. If someone less readable had pulled the stunts you do then they would be entirely baseless. Lesson learned and move on, no?