Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Yeah there's no reason whatsoever to front load a deal right now.

No one's going to read that thing I wrote earlier, are they?

I read the whole thing. The only issue I see, with the rim protection argument, is that there are a lot of times players will change shots with out getting a block or players not even coming in the lane because of shot blocking. Other than that factor, good post.

the numbers i saw last summer were he wanted 12 to 13, now in henny's defense the new tv deal also plays a role here.

the problem is the team has mostly the same roster as last year, sorry folks skiles and mario alone don't take this team from 25 wins to 45

Would you take it if we win, say 38 games, and get the 8th seed?

I read the whole thing. The only issue I see, with the rim protection argument, is that there are a lot of times players will change shots with out getting a block or players not even coming in the lane because of shot blocking. Other than that factor, good post.

The difference between the team with the highest % of opponents' shots at the rim and the lowest is less than 8%. So the not even coming into the lane due to shot blocking thing is a concept that sounds nice, but is, statistically speaking, meaningless. Especially since the team that allowed the lowest % of shots within 3' was Sacramento, who finished 3rd to last in the league in blocks, and the team that allowed the highest % of opponents' shots at the rim, the Pelicans, also LED the league in blocks.

Altering shots at the rim, meanwhile, would be covered by the rim% stat, that I talked about earlier.

The way I see our team shaping up is:

Payton / Watson / Harvey

Oladipo / Fournier / Marble

Harris / Hezonja / Harkless

Gordon / Nicholoson / Free Agent

Vucevic / Dedmon / Frye

That might be opening day starting line up

I think we will see Mario start quickly and Harris pushed to the 4

I like a Payton/Dipo/Mario/Harris/Vuc starting 5

1st unit: Vucevic/Harris/Hezonja/Oladipo/Payton

2nd unit:

Dedmon/Frye/Gordon/Fournier/Watson

That's a pretty good team in my book. Both units provide a combination of shooting, size, defense, and leadership.

I would have O'Quinn ahead of Nicholson, otherwise I like this.

Payton / Watson / Harvey

Vucevic / Dedmon / Frye

This is a classic example of how unrealistic some of these guys are with their expectations. If Rob was offered Favors for AG and turned it down he would deserve to be fired the instant he hung up the phone. You make that trade one million out of one million times.

I would do that trade now without question too. Not because I think Gordon sucks or anything, but because Favors is a really good fit and still super young too.

Payton / Watson / Harvey

Vucevic / Dedmon / Frye

This would be upsetting to me. Only way Harris deal makes sense is if we plan to run him at the 4. Gordon is no where near being ready to start assuming we truly are trying to win next year. Again, not a slight at AG, I just realize his development time table and know he would be best suited now in the following role:

Payton

Dipo

Mario

Harris

Vuch

With AG coming in and spelling both Harris & Mario given the match ups. If you run Harris at the 4 in the starting lineup, you can scheme similar with AG spelling him.

Happy with the Tobias re-signing. He's going to be an all-star. Hoping for an injury free year for him.

Not so sure Tobias is ever an all-star. Solid role player. It was an overpay but I get why we did it. Really I just hope Skiles is able to get more out of him defensively and his 3 continues to improve. And once again that we start him at the 4.

The Magic has agreed to a three-year, $15 million deal with guard C.J. Watson, a source told Yahoo.

Respectable. You could argue CJ was the best free agent PG out there. I'm fine with that money. CJ gives everything I wanted in a backup. Vet, can drain 3's, can defend, can push the tempo.