Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Millsap would be a nice PF here, but Dragic makes no sense to me.

If we got Millsap we would simply have to have a knock down shooter at SF to pair with him. For fun, go look at his 3 pt attempts starting last compared to when he was with the Jazz. It's one of the funniest stats I have seen in a while so I won't spoil the fun for you. But his % went up from 35% last year. I think he would be a very nice fit for the Magic.

Really, the guy we want still is Draymond Green. But I think GSW pays him the max and moves on.

I don't see how GS can afford a max contract for Green with Curry, Thompson, Bogut and Iggy. I haven't looked at their contracts, but if a team throws green a max contract and loads it at the right years I don't see how GS can match. I think Green will be attainable in the off-season and I will be mad if we don't at least make an attempt at him.

Dragic signing here

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

This is my new favorite gif

I can't believe someone is suggesting we sign a guy who left another team so he could start -- meanwhile he would be backing up Payton at the point on this team.

While we’re sorting through byzantine playoff scenarios and panic-vomiting all over our awards ballot, team executives are gearing up for their busiest period of the year: the draft, the late-June trade boom, and free agency.

These executives have talked a lot about finding “the next DeMarre Carroll” — a free agent blossoming under the radar, and perhaps in limited minutes, raising the possibility that a smart team could steal him on a below-market contract. The Hawks saw Carroll take baby steps as a 3-point shooter in Utah, hitting 20 of 70 from deep in 2012-13, and wagered he could turn himself into a legitimate 3-and-D starter in the proper system. Atlanta jumped the market with a two-year, $5 million deal that fell into the sweet spot between Carroll’s minimum salary and the midlevel exception.

Carroll proved them right, and he’s poised for a big-money contract this summer as he hits free agency again. After graduating from being the next version of his prior self, Carroll has become too good in too high-profile a role. Ditto for guys like Kosta Koufos, Brandan Wright, Omer Asik, Amir Johnson, and perhaps even Jared Dudley. They don’t put up gaudy stats, or even start in some cases, but most of the league has figured out how good they are. They may outperform their next contracts, but the margins won’t be as laughably huge as Atlanta has enjoyed with Carroll.

http://grantland.com...e-agent-steals/

Zach Lowe predicts the free agent steals of 2015.....KOQ made the list.

This is my new favorite gif

I can't believe someone is suggesting we sign a guy who left another team so he could start -- meanwhile he would be backing up Payton at the point on this team.

You haven't seen this one? It's a classic.

@SportsCenter: Tom Thibodeau is exploring options, and those close to him say Magic could be an option if he leaves Bulls. (via @BleacherReport)"

BOOM