Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Oladipo is interesting because he's carrying himself like he's our all star, national media are treating him like he's our star, but it feels like everyone is kind of pretending or hesitant when they talk about him.

It just feels weird.

He's participating in all star weekend. He's participating in team usa.

Commentators seem to say good things about him.

Just not sure where he really fits in the world.

He's got the skills to be an all star. He has pangs of greatness where I'm like,

I like his chances. He's still my favorite current Magic player; what he does when he doesn't have the opportunity to light up the highlight reel will define what kind of player he can be.

Oladipo is interesting because he's carrying himself like he's our all star, national media are treating him like he's our star, but it feels like everyone is kind of pretending or hesitant when they talk about him.

It just feels weird.

I think we see an improved Dipo this year just based on his attitude alone. Being surrounded by all these great players lately(all star/USA teams) can't hurt either.

Oladipo has that ability to take over games. We saw it in college where it is basically made him a lottery pick. everything is there, just the consistency is missing.

Best example I can think of was when he hit a huge game tying drive last season and then later on air balled a game winning shot. It was like Jelly and Hyde. If he can fix that, he could be very solid.

He's got the skills to be an all star. He has pangs of greatness where I'm like,

I like his chances. He's still my favorite current Magic player; what he does when he doesn't have the opportunity to light up the highlight reel will define what kind of player he can be.

I get that, but generally people ignore a player, he'll have an all star type season and he'll get snubbed, then the hype picks up a year late.

With Oladipo it feels like everyone is getting on the bandwagon early.

It just feels weird.

I get what you're saying and I feel the same way. Maybe it's just because he's a guy I root for (I tend to underrate people I like and not trust them like I would trust someone else's star player) but the jury is still out.

He's certainly one of the most talked about guys that are as old as him, but I think that Vucevic is by far our best player and I also think that Harris has been better than Oladipo so far.

I think the problem with Oladipo is that his skills and size don't jump out of the screen. Payton is an easy guy to appreciate with his smooth game and elite size for the position. Oladipo is not an elite shooter (yet?) and his look doesn't scream super athletic freak, even if he is one.

I do think he has the talent to be a top 3 SG in the NBA. Even though that's the weakest position in the league, it's still something to be proud of

Regarding last night's game, I liked Oladipo's pull up 3s. That's a very good shot to have.

And he obviously has the pep in his step that makes him very entertaining. The dance moves were on point

I think the problem with Oladipo is that his skills and size don't jump out of the screen. Payton is an easy guy to appreciate with his smooth game and elite size for the position. Oladipo is not an elite shooter (yet?) and his look doesn't scream super athletic freak, even if he is one.

I think that's what makes his dunks so spectacular. You just don't see that explosion coming and when it does, it's eye popping.

I have a feeling Dipo is going to have a "rising star" kind of year next season. He seems primed for it.