Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Continue to strengthen what was a weakness...while weakening the in-state foe? I like it.

I liked Napier, so I'm a pretty big fan of this. ESPN even calls it a heavily protected 2nd, which means it could be for nothing.

Continue to strengthen what was a weakness...while weakening the in-state foe? I like it.

I liked Napier, so I'm a pretty big fan of this. ESPN even calls it a heavily protected 2nd, which means it could be for nothing.

I read in the Orlando sentinel that the only way we'd send the pick to the Heat is if we finished as one of the top five teams in regular season in 2015-16. If we don't, then we don't send the pick. So it could be for nothing which makes this a steal, and to be honest, even if we do convey a second round pick it is worth it for a talented kid with some upside. Napier has the ability to be a decent backup PG, and a very useful third string one.

If the Magic are going to improve in 2016 and compete for a playoff spot, they are going to have to be effective in “clutch” situations, defined as games within five points or less in the last five minutes.

Last season, the team led the league in appearances in such scenarios and went 21-29, which is a 42 percent win percentage. If the team had that percentage during the course of a season, it would have 34 wins, which is not where they would like to be, but better than the 25 wins they had for the entire season.

The Magic will likely have a lot of those scenarios again, as they are probably not talented enough to blow teams away, but not bad enough to get blown out consistently. Therefore, in order to improve the results in these important scenarios, the team will have to cement its strategy and play to the top of its potential.

Although the team racked up the third best field goal percentage in the league with 45.6 percent and 14th best offensive rating (points per 100 possessions) in clutch situations, it was 28th in points, 20th in 3-point percentage, 23rd in free throw percentage, and 26th in field goal attempts.

Clearly, the team has to improve its offensive game plan, especially when things get tight.

http://orlandomagicd...nsive-strategy/

So will that make him happy for once?

He will probably post a Pelton article saying how the signing was brilliant. Basically everything will come full circle and he will have a glorious told you so moment.

I don't get why the Heat did this. Can we make sure this guy is not injured???? This move makes no sense for the Heat.

Honestly the only thing flooding around is the team didn't like the negativity associated with Napier because of that LeBron tweet.

Honestly the only thing flooding around is the team didn't like the negativity associated with Napier because of that LeBron tweet.

Why is that LeBron tweet negative? The tweet I saw anyway was that he is a good player, that was pre-draft before the heat selected him.

Why is that LeBron tweet negative? The tweet I saw anyway was that he is a good player, that was pre-draft before the heat selected him.

LeBron implied they should draft him. They give up a few picks to move up and get him.

LeBron leaves.

LeBron, we picked Napier so you would stay!

LeBron: when did I say that

Well you implied it!

That kinda stuff. To us, he's the skinny kid from uconn. To them he's like a crappy gift from an ex girlfriend.

I don't get why the Heat did this. Can we make sure this guy is not injured???? This move makes no sense for the Heat.

It's a salary dump. They saved 4 million dollars.