Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I think what that guy is failing to realize is that suggesting Dipo be the 6th man here is not a knock on him.

Agree and it's definitely not something that will happen for sure, but a possibility.

He also acts like questioning Victor's 3 point shooting is crazy, but when you are next to Elfrid I think it is very important to have high % 3 point shooters.

If Victor can continue to improve his 3 point shooting he will be great since he can create off the dribble. Mario will be breathing down somebody's neck for minutes at some point though. Maybe not something to worry about this year, but definitely something to monitor.

I think what the author is saying is that what Vic brings to the table overshadows a subpar 3 point percentage that's improving. I know some here believe that AG is our best chance at a star and I can see why, but I agree with the author that Vic is our best chance currently at stardom. He does everything, essentially. He is like a Wade with a perceived lower offensive ceiling and higher defensive floor with a better 3 point shot. His third season in the league will define him, where I expect his usage rate will go up under Skiles. If he can do what others said and 'get more calls' that will propel him big time, but more importantly, improve his ability to finish at the rim and I think he will be a star. Any increase in 3 point percentage is just cake, imo-unlike with people like Harris, AG, and perhaps Hezonja-where their effectiveness will be defined by the ability to hit an above average number of 3's. The only rational situation that would justify him coming off the bench next season would be if he regresses and Harris stars and Hezonja is so good he can't be off the floor and AG fills in at the four like we hope. That's a lot of things to occur for that to happen.

Agree and it's definitely not something that will happen for sure, but a possibility.

He also acts like questioning Victor's 3 point shooting is crazy, but when you are next to Elfrid I think it is very important to have high % 3 point shooters.

If Victor can continue to improve his 3 point shooting he will be great since he can create off the dribble. Mario will be breathing down somebody's neck for minutes at some point though. Maybe not something to worry about this year, but definitely something to monitor.

I just like the idea of Dipo playing both the backup guard positions. The experiment of him at PG might not have "worked" but he does it well enough that he would cook backup PGs. I think he could be a microwave player.

I like that idea for a contending team...but for a team that hasn't won 30 games in over three years it doesn't make much sense to put our second best player on the bench.

I like that idea for a contending team...but for a team that hasn't won 30 games in over three years it doesn't make much sense to put our second best player on the bench.

I was referring to long term. Dipo is obviously starting this year.

I think I'm the first person on here who compared Dipo to Manu Ginobili (at least I'm the first person I remember posting it), but for the record I lean away from him being a 6th man. I love his potential if he can improve his 3's (he genuinely could be a top 10 guy in the league if he gets above 35%), and I think Harris is more of a 6th man type anyway. I can see it happening, but he seems too good an all-around player for that. Solid defender at his worst (needs to learn to play without a rim defender a little better, i.e. back off a bit, but his effort and talent-level are great), good offensive player who can create off the dribble. Usually 6th men are guys like Jamal Crawford who excel at one end of the floor (also like Harris). Manu is literally the only guy I can think of being that good on both ends of the floor and spending his prime years as a 6th man. There certainly are more, but they aren't coming to mind right now.

I was referring to long term. Dipo is obviously starting this year.

Agree.

And yes, we were both discussing long term, not next season.

I surely hope that we win that game agAinst Toronto. I have a Personal rivalry against them after seeing derozan and sometimes Terrence Ross torch this team...and of course those same guys are no shows in the playoffs.

Fredette signed by the Spurs. Interesting....

Smart move by Jimmer. If he makes it onto their roster after training camp he has the shooting to look good in the SA system.Got a feeling (if he makes it onto the roster) he'll have a few 20+ scoring nights in games where Pop rests his key guys and in a year or two's time he'll sign a fat new contract with some team.