Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

And this is the other thing with kyler. Two days ago he said tobias really wanted to leave because he was upset with his role, his standing with the organization, losing, etc. Now he's happy because he wanted to stay in Orlando the whole time.

Kyler was disputing those reports, he has always said that Tobias wanted to stay.

Kyler-

As I have said for months Tobias wanted to come back to Orlando - liked the situation, just wanted a commitment

If Mario balls out and is playing like a ROTY contender then that's probably what's going to happen.

I don't think it will matter if Mario is balling or not. AG's development will matter more.

The lineup as it's constructed makes it important to have a PF who can hit the 3. If Tobias can do that, defend, rebound, make smart plays, we won't need to trade him. If AG does it better, so be it. If neither do it well, moves will be made.

What it means: Three days into free agency, Harris didn't appear likely to get a lucrative offer sheet from another team as a restricted free agent. In fact, just a handful of teams (the L.A. Lakers, Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz) currently have the room to realistically make him a max offer. So Harris and the Magic hammered out a deal that pays him slightly less than his maximum salary (around $70 million over four years). Despite my skepticism about Harris because of his poor defense, this contract will surely be tradeable if Orlando decides Harris isn't the right fit in Scott Skiles' system.

What's next: The Magic could clear up to about $20 million in cap space before re-signing Harris, which is how they could offer Paul Millsap $80 million over four years early in free agency. At this point, it's tough to see how Orlando might spend that money. Expect more modest additions to the bench. Stein tweeted Friday that the Magic are close to signing veteran backup point guard C.J. Watson.

http://espn.go.com/n...ent-deals-day-3

We can still spend some money before Harris officially signs.

@WojYahooNBA

Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge will sign with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@JeffZillgitt

On that C.J. Watson three-year deal with the Magic: There is a team option on the final year of the deal, I've been told.

@WojYahooNBA

Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge will sign with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Smart move by LA. Will be pulling for them in the West.