Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

@OMagicDaily Assuming Tobias Harris gets maximum raise of 7.5%, he will make roughly $14.4 million 1st year and a little more than $17.6 million in last

Just doubt the #Magic pay him a flat $16m over the four years, is all. Can keep some cap flexibility in first two years.

Aside from both refuting that rumor over the past month, Harris expanded on their relationship in an interview tonight...

“First off, me and Scott have a great relationship,” Harris said. “What people don’t understand is that when he first coached me, I was 18 years old. And from 18 to being about to turn 23 now, I’m a completely different player. Even in Milwaukee, where I didn’t play as much, we still had a great dialogue. He just wanted me to work harder. He just said, ‘Your time is coming.’ So he was always encouraging for me.

;“Today, we communicated. He wants me to be a leader. He wants me to lead. He’s a fantastic coach. I think he’s the perfect coach for our team. Actually, I know he’s the perfect coach for our team. And he’s a coach I want to play for. He’s a fiery guy. He gets after you. He has that passion to win, that fire to win. Me and him, we have no problems. That passion, that’s the passion that I play with, so that’s what I love in a coach.”

My opinion on Magic basketball matches up with the current quality of the team. I'm not a cheerleader prone to bouts of extreme excitement over fluff and hype, I leave that type of nonsense for others. 15 years ago or so I was more like you, every move my favorite teams made was the right one, every player we drafted was the right fit and a guaranteed star. Then I grew up.

It's pretty apparent that didn't happen.

Well that has always been the plan. It was pretty clear from the beginning that the Magic would build a core with their draft picks and it would take about 5 years to be back to being regulars in the playoffs. Once the team makes playoffs and shows promise, the Magic will be much more successful in free agency.

I dunno. At first we said the first two years didn't mean anything, but we'd get a superstar in the super loaded draft of 2014 and the third year we'd be back. That didn't exactly happen.

Then it was a 4 year rebuild. Now it's a 5 year rebuild.

I'm more optimistic than I was last summer because I've always felt that JV was a bad coach, and could not understand why we would not set any benchmarks for him to meet in the first two years. Skiles at least is a real coach. But this roster has looked really bad most of the time. I'm not sure how much hope we have for getting good anytime soon.

My opinion on Magic basketball matches up with the current quality of the team. I'm not a cheerleader prone to bouts of extreme excitement over fluff and hype, I leave that type of nonsense for others. 15 years ago or so I was more like you, every move my favorite teams made was the right one, every player we drafted was the right fit and a guaranteed star. Then I grew up.

There is for sure plenty of this on here. But that's most every sports forum. Fans being fans. Most want to think their team made the right move and are to biased with homer blinders on to see when they didn't. This is in general, not basing it off anything in particular.

I dunno. At first we said the first two years didn't mean anything, but we'd get a superstar in the super loaded draft of 2014 and the third year we'd be back. That didn't exactly happen.

Then it was a 4 year rebuild. Now it's a 5 year rebuild.

I'm more optimistic than I was last summer because I've always felt that JV was a bad coach, and could not understand why we would not set any benchmarks for him to meet in the first two years. Skiles at least is a real coach. But this roster has looked really bad most of the time. I'm not sure how much hope we have for getting good anytime soon.

Who said 4 years? Never heard this.

Hmmm.....

You are obsessed at this point to prove a point, and wow you really misinterpreted that quote. I mean it reads pretty clearly that I said Harris shot pretty well from 3. Maybe you have a social disorder or something, but this is getting pretty sad to read.

One day when you do you'll realize what it's all about. Why do I get the feeling that you spend most of your free time playing Minecraft?

I don't even know what that is, but apparently you do. Feel free to clue us in.