Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I'm happy we resigned Harris. Adding Mario was a great move but if we lost Tobias I think we would have definitely taken a step back.

And I was on the Harris train from day one and thought it was dumb not to give him 12 per when he asked for it, but it's not a huge deal that he got 16 now.

it is relevant since the magic didn't want to give him an extra 2-3 last summer

i am glad he's coming back but this team still needs alot of work, so far henny has done nothing to improve the roster

They didn't want to give it to him because they wanted to see him play well for a full season. He did. We resigned him.

We still need a PF and a backup PG (agreed), but this was a great move.

the numbers i saw last summer were he wanted 12 to 13, now in henny's defense the new tv deal also plays a role here.

the problem is the team has mostly the same roster as last year, sorry folks skiles and mario alone don't take this team from 25 wins to 45

16 isnt almost twice as much as 12/13

Yes. This is a gamble. If he only improves slightly, it's a horrible deal and will set us back. Thank god no 6 year deals or I would be in the bathroom throwing up right now.

If he comes out and plays good out of the gates next season, we could trade him by the deadline and get a good return. So I am hoping that is the case.

i am hoping he lives up to the contract and becomes a star so we keep him lool

not trade him

Can someone explain how 15 last summer is so much better than 16 now?

It's better because we have cap space THIS summer to still add a piece or make a trade for a piece. If Harris had signed an extension last year, we wouldn't have anything to spend.

Soooo we basically gave him an extra $1M to wait a year and let us try to make a run a big FA (Milsap) or a big trade (hopefully Favors).