Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Ok so we let him go for nothing? Do not match it?

If demarre freaking caroll is worth 15 per lool

Tobias is worth the same imo.

Personally i hope it doesn't come to that & Tobias takes the QO

See this is the difference between my thought process and a lot of posters thought process on here.

To me, letting him walk for nothing isn't really letting him walk for nothing. That's like saying "I have 15 million dollars, I better go spend it this week or It will go to waste" when in reality that same 15 million dollars may be able to get you something better a year from now, or at the very least go towards something better.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to bring Harris back for the right price. But to sit here and say "Well this team gave this guy this much money, so we should give Harris that much too" is bad logic.

Now before you say the CAP will change next year, money is still money. And the bottom line is if we don't re-sign Harris, we have more money to spend next summer. That's just a basic fact.

See this is the difference between my thought process and a lot of posters thought process on here.

To me, letting him walk for nothing isn't really letting him walk for nothing. That's like saying "I have 15 million dollars, I better go spend it this week or It will go to waste" when in reality that same 15 million dollars may be able to get you something better a year from now, or at the very least go towards something better.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to bring Harris back for the right price. But to sit here and say "Well this team gave this guy this much money, so we should give Harris that much too" is bad logic.

Now before you say the CAP will change next year, money is still money. And the bottom line is if we don't re-sign Harris, we have more money to spend next summer. That's just a basic fact.

I asked questions.

Personally i do not think we should pay him 15 mil per... honestly 15 mil for Caroll is outrageous imo.

I am simply saying if caroll has been given that and we paid harris that same amount.. Harris is more worth it out of the 2. Just my opinion.

The last thing i am going to say is... Lets all hope Harris takes the QO and this problem goes away.

Out of EVERYTHING this up coming season i am more excited about having a proper coach and system in place for the 1st time since SVG.

I asked questions.

Personally i do not think we should pay him 15 mil per... honestly 15 mil for Caroll is outrageous imo.

I am simply saying if caroll has been given that and we paid harris that same amount.. Harris is more worth it out of the 2. Just my opinion.

The last thing i am going to say is... Lets all hope Harris takes the QO and this problem goes away.

Out of EVERYTHING this up coming season i am more excited about having a proper coach and system in place for the 1st time since SVG.

I agree completely about having the coach now. Also, yes if Harris takes the QO everyone wins. We get him for the year, and he has a chance to show everyone what he's really worth for next season. It's a gamble for him especially if Mario cuts into his PT but we'll see.

I'm thinking Lakers overpay to snag Koufos. They've missed out on quite a few names but that would be a solid get for them.

I don't think that's a fair comparison because DeMarre was not playing like this his whole career. Seems more like a contract year to me. I think he'll probably drop significantly next year.

I'd say Tobias is 7-10mil guy.

7million..lol.

Orlando restricted free agent Tobias Harris has reached agreement on a deal to re-sign with the Magic, league sources tell RealGM.