Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Robin Lopez has chosen Knicks over Lakers and will join NYK as long as DeAndre Jordan, as expected, chooses Clips or Mavs

The Magic are assuming someone is going to offer him something. On another note, that's just straight shady if Tobias's camp is trying to keep things hushed because he "doesn't want the Magic to know." Disrespectful and not the kind of player you want on your team.

If this is indeed what's going on, I bet Rob already had a clue which is why he went after a Milsap and right now, working on something.

I think he's looking for a PF to start. He's made it clear through comments and offering Millsap a contract.

Tobias, if he's retained, would probably start at the 3 with Mario backing him up. However, I truly feel like Tobias wants out.

Im not sure if T12 would start at 3 or not. It's interesting. He is better suited for the 4, but of course he is not a good defender at either position. If Skiles can coach him up to defend 4s, he could be fantastic for us, since he abuses other 4s on offense.

I think the Magic know they don't have a starting 4 outside of T12 and would prefer a better option. They went for the sure thing with Millsap and are probably exploring other options now. The worst case is they play Tobias at 4 this year, and honestly I can think of a lot worse situations than that, since gordon could start for us at the other forward spot and take on the tougher matchup.

Really think Rob sees his worst case scenario as this starting lineup - Payton/Vic/Gordon/Harris/Vuc. . And that really is not that bad, as long as these guys continue to get better. It's a rather talented lineup, just very young.

Actually really hoping the Suns get Aldridge so Markeiff comes available

That is highly unlikely since Suns are a stupid franchise that loves making stupid trades, I do not think LaMarcus is that stupid

@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Robin Lopez has chosen Knicks over Lakers and will join NYK as long as DeAndre Jordan, as expected, chooses Clips or Mavs

What does DeAndre Jordan has to do with Robin joining the Knicks?

Honestly I think a lot of guys are waiting for the Jordan/Aldridge decisions. For example, if Dallas or LA don't get Jordan I'd say it's likely that they go out and offer Koufos a lot of money to start at C.

We might be interested in him but one, and likely both, of Lakers, Mavs will have a need for a starting C and a lot of money to offer.

I'm not really mad though I'd rather have a chance to get Millsap and miss out on guys like Ed Davis and Brandon Wright than never even try to get a big name and Koufos would be nice but it'll be tough when we already have Vuc and are competing with big markets.

A bench big and a backup PG and call it a day for me.

That is highly unlikely since Suns are a stupid franchise that loves making stupid trades, I do not think LaMarcus is that stupid

If he goes to the Mavericks or Spurs, and Dirk and Duncan continue to start, Aldridge will have to play center. Is that something he really wants to do?

In Phoenix he would play his favored PF position, next to Tyson Chandler at C. Throw in a young back court of Bledsoe and Knight, and that's 4/5ths of a good line up. Maybe staying at his preferred position, playing next to a rim protector, is his what he will look for, rather than having to play a more demanding center position with the Mavs and Spurs.

The team that I feel would be a good fit for him would be the raptors. If they can pull off a deal then Lowrey, Derozan, Carroll, Aldridge, and Val would be an immense starting five.

If he goes to the Mavericks or Spurs, and Dirk and Duncan continue to start, Aldridge will have to play center. Is that something he really wants to do?

In Phoenix he would play his favored PF position, next to Tyson Chandler at C. Throw in a young back court of Bledsoe and Knight, and that's 4/5ths of a good line up. Maybe staying at his preferred position, playing next to a rim protector, is his what he will look for, rather than having to play a more demanding center position with the Mavs and Spurs.

The team that I feel would be a good fit for him would be the raptors. If they can pull off a deal then Lowrey, Derozan, Carroll, Aldridge, and Val would be an immense starting five.

Aldridge would play PF next to Duncan. Duncan can and does play C. He's actually played about 70% of his career minutes at C (per basketball reference).

LaMarcus does not want to play center, that is why he turned down the Knicks since the Knicks wanted him to play center