Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

No matter how much we don't like Frye, HE IS a stretch 4! We have one on our team, and a pretty good one too. Yeah he sucked last year, but our whole team did.

We need a defensive minded PF.

Frye shouldnt be a starter anywhere.

Back up PG in a ideal world for me would be Watson / Brooks

Sign Koufos

Maybe Tobias Signs the qualifying offer...

Milsap would of changed things a lot if he he had signed over here.

Just trying to think......hmmm lol it's hard.

Henny came out of nowhere with Milsap so maybe he does it again.

Koufos isn't an option. He wants to start

I hear that. For the right £ who knows...

What would your best case scenario be for us right now?

People have to calm down. The smartest thing Rob could do right now is sign a backup PG for cheap, another PF for cheap, and let the other guys play.

You let Dipo/Payton/AG/Mario showcase there skills and hopefully next summer that is enough to create a similar situation to how the Bucks just got Monroe.

By doing this, I still think we can increase our win total by around 10 games and it sets up perfect to sign 2 max contract guys next summer. No need to sign someone just to sign them, which Rob won't do anyways.

Payton

Dipo

Mario

(vet) Lee?

Vuch

AG

Frye

Fournier

Harvey

Harkless

Dedmon

Vet PG

That team can still win 38 games with good coaching. Than next summer we, in theory, become a team tier 1 and 2 free agents would play for.

Not sure other players around the league buy our roster, which is fine, they really have no reason to at this point. Those guys have to prove more, which I think they will this year.

• Upvote 1

If so then 32 games isnt much of an improvement, i mean it will be the first time in 3yrs we break 30, but from a strategic standpoint its a failed season. This being year #4 for Henny he is going to have to show more. Free Agency I believe is highly important and should be maximized, however Henny hasnt done much with these periods. Understandably we were strapped for cash, but last year could of went better and this year looks like a repeat.

First thing is that free agency is not highly important to most rebuilding teams. If you look around, the only teams who think the same way are failing miserably.

Its a real simple formula that I figure even the most clueless fan could grasp, but let's review it anyway.

1. Rebuild 3-5 years until team makes playoffs

2. Augment team in free agency (after making playoffs)

3. Contend for titles

Pretty simple stuff. Before Free Agency nobody expected the Magic to go after a guy as big as Millsap. Most fans considered it a pleasant surprise. Nobody really expect Paul to sign here, I know I did not. But the Magic went for it and it was a great idea. Why not try and hit a home run on day 1 before you focus on the more real options?

Of course we have the usual complainers who will complain anyway, even though free agency is not complete and the Magic are now focusing on guys they realistically expected to get.

The only teams doing well in free agency are playoff teams and are a year or two ahead of us in the rebuild. Do you see Minn or Phil signing anyone? No.

It really helps with the needless complaining if you actually understand how the league works.