Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

You don't think Seraphin could develop into one? I think he's still growing and could be a Greg Monroe/Ibaka type player

Whenever he was given minutes in the WAS series, he produced. I think if given the opportunity he could do it again.

I also think it would be good to have someone else be the primary backup PG for Payton instead of having Dipo run it because I think it would serve him more if he could just focus on developing as a SG, but that's just my opinion.

Watching the player press conference and Rob said they will continue to be aggressive in FA for what that is worth...but I really like Mario's swag even coming through in the presser. He's joking with the media guys already and seem really confident while coming across humble for the opportunity.

Also FA News: Monta Ellis to the Pacers

1. No. I think he's a solid backup but a really weak starter

2. I think when Payton goes out Evan will sub in and handle the ball while Victor defend the 1s. Like ginobili.

3. My stream was cutting in and out. Was this the worst press conference questions ever our was it just me?

You can't say that and not say the same thing about Harris.

Harris wanted nothing to do with defense last season. His motor was purely offensive motivated. Faried at least has a motor for rebounding which is an form of defense.

Watching the player press conference and Rob said they will continue to be aggressive in FA for what that is worth...but I really like Mario's swag even coming through in the presser. He's joking with the media guys already and seem really confident while coming across humble for the opportunity.

Also FA News: Monta Ellis to the Pacers

What FA's are left (besides Tobias)?

Mario and Josh Robbins exchange was entertaining.

I guess the live stream is over? I tried finding the video on the Magic website, but they just have one with Mario that's in Spanish(the dude that does the Spanish broadcasts is interviewing him).

Also your point is still wrong. In Georgia he would have to pay a state income tax on ALL of his income. Not just 41 games. The jock taxes are just added on to that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/04/15/pro-athlete-tax-returns-illustrate-complexities-of-u-s-tax-code/

I don't think so. My point was that the Georgia state income tax doesn't come anywhere close to $30 million number being thrown around. Can we agree that the max it could be is $5.4 million (6% of $90 million)? Can we also agree that the convoluted tax structure identified in the article above likely lowers that 5.4 million and the lower sales tax and property taxes in Georgia will lower it even more?

The player did not walk away from $30 million to play for the Hawks/avoid playing for the Magic. That's clearly not wrong.

Chat room is broke. Get Dan.

Harris motivation this past season was strictly for his contract. He played much more spirited defense in both his first two seasons with the Magic. Moreso in the first to prove himself. Having watched a majority of the season, Harris' intentions were to save for offense.

Off topic but relevant to the world: Looks like youtube updated their player. My how the internet world just got flashier.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/04/15/pro-athlete-tax-returns-illustrate-complexities-of-u-s-tax-code/

I don't think so. My point was that the Georgia state income tax doesn't come anywhere close to $30 million number being thrown around. Can we agree that the max it could be is $5.4 million (6% of $90 million)? Can we also agree that the convoluted tax structure identified in the article above likely lowers that 5.4 million and the lower sales tax and property taxes in Georgia will lower it even more?

The player did not walk away from $30 million to play for the Hawks/avoid playing for the Magic. That's clearly not wrong.

I think everyone is using older figures or other states for Georgia. Georgia was recently capped at 6% for income tax.

The sales tax is actually larger. Atlanta has a 8% sales tax.

Additionally, it would really depend on where he bought the home to determine property tax. Local laws are generally the driving force and they vary greatly from county to county in both Florida and Georgia.

So, no. I don't necessarily agree.