Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

If he just wants to get out of Denver, and assuming he doesn't hold a grudge against the Magic for letting him walk, I would be all in for bringing him back. He would be an upgrade from Green and Ridnour if we could sign him for 3.5M or so. Just a thought.

I would absolutely love Jameer back. Truthfully, he should have never left. We'll look to go for cheap to someone else, but honestly, being a cheap, good player means that you can be traded more easily - which is what happened in Dallas.

I can 100% see Jameer coming back if a true contender does not emerge that wants to have him. We would welcome him with open arms and it would be a feel-good story for the season.

Also - does anyone think jameer will eventually go into coaching? With his leadership abilities, I could even see him coming onto Skiles staff in 2-3 years.

I would absolutely love Jameer back. Truthfully, he should have never left. We'll look to go for cheap to someone else, but honestly, being a cheap, good player means that you can be traded more easily - which is what happened in Dallas.

I can 100% see Jameer coming back if a true contender does not emerge that wants to have him. We would welcome him with open arms and it would be a feel-good story for the season.

Also - does anyone think jameer will eventually go into coaching? With his leadership abilities, I could even see him coming onto Skiles staff in 2-3 years.

I could see him going into coaching but personally I'd rather have a backup that could keep up the defensive intensity with the second unit. Not saying I would be mad, but I would rather go with a different style of PG as the backup. Although I would take Jameer over Luke everyday.

Well, I mean, a lot of people know his name because he was on that really fun st Mary's team from a few years back and Bill Simmons thought Omar Samhan was going to be the next bill Walton

Watching Curry duel against Patty Mills was fun.

henny needs to come thru

he can't have another mediocre to awful summer.

he needs to actually try to improve the team

We've been in the high lottery each of the past 3 seasons and had a focus on developing the experience and skills of our young core. You don't spend max money on a big name or two (or 2nd tier guys whom you have to pay max money to) if you your primary goal is to acquire and develop young talent.

This summer, he might spend. But in the end, it's a slow growth approach. To try and accelerate a process like this lands you in the 5th-8th seed for a decade.

I could see him going into coaching but personally I'd rather have a backup that could keep up the defensive intensity with the second unit. Not saying I would be mad, but I would rather go with a different style of PG as the backup. Although I would take Jameer over Luke everyday.

I will admit that Jameer's defensive shortcomings turned me off, but he would make a great floor general for the second unit, he can shoot the 3 ball, a positive veteran influence in the locker room, and a fan favorite. I'm not stuck on him, but he's better than what we have at the moment.

We've been in the high lottery each of the past 3 seasons and had a focus on developing the experience and skills of our young core. You don't spend max money on a big name or two (or 2nd tier guys whom you have to pay max money to) if you your primary goal is to acquire and develop young talent.

This summer, he might spend. But in the end, it's a slow growth approach. To try and accelerate a process like this lands you in the 5th-8th seed for a decade.

Agree. I'm on board with the rebuild to this point, but if we don't spend a little this off-season I would be letdown to an extent. Not saying I'm expecting Aldridge or Love, just a few solid guys that can help the team.

I don't necessarily disagree. But you have to be careful with that argument, especially coming off the worst consecutive three seasons in Magic history, because it can be used to justify a rebuild of any duration. There have to be milestones and expectations at every stage. That's why I was so upset when we were giving a free pass to Vaughn the first couple of years, even though I didn't see much being accomplished. I posted about it but everyone else said he wouldn't be judged until year three. And you were right, but I don't believe it was the right approach.

Do you feel like you're a franchise player for the Orlando Magic? Nikola Vucevic: I don't like to talk about myself like that. I just want to be the best player I can be and help my team win.

HoopsHype

Yea Delly absolutely please no. No one would know his name if he didn't play with Lebron. Cole I wouldn't be mad at for a backup.

Rob Hennigan knows his name because he received a summer league invite from us, a year or 2 ago. He ultimately decided to go play with the Cavs instead. Glad things worked out for him.