Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

It was a deliberate effort to keep him away from the rebound not injure.

That arm hooking stuff goes on all the time in paint. Few do it much outside the paint because it always gets called.

Ehh. If you listened to the TNT crew after the game, they all said that's a play that happens all the time. He for sure grabbed onto his arm and was trying to slow him down but I don't think the intent was to dislocate his shoulder. And like Charles and Kenny said, if Love's shoulder doesn't get dislocated we aren't talking about this. I would still suspend Olynyk for a couple games to start the season next year, but the real crime was JR Smith.

If Crowder has a torn ACL and not just a strained knee, JR Smith should have criminal charges filed against him. The punch was disgusting and watching Crowders knee buckle and him fall to the ground was scary. Jr Smith is a repeat offender and should be suspended at least 5 games, though I would like 10. World Peace got suspended 7 games for a very similar elbow to James Hardens head a could years back. But I think the NBA will go light on him because they want James in the finals.

Edit: What made the Jr Smith thing the worse to me was how Smith clapped and smiled the entire way off the court after he was ejected. Than post game he 100% tried to justify what he did. Just man up and say "I made a mistake in the heat of the moment and I hope Crowder is alright"

I agree. For as talented as Smith is. He is always doing some bone-head play. I hope he gets suspended at least 2 games, I just don't see him getting more than that in the playoffs especially on Lebrons team.

It's hard to say what someone's intent was, but the Olynyk thing did look intentional to me. Maybe not intentionally trying to harm him, but he definitely grabbed his arm and pressed down on it intentionally. You had absolutely no reason to do that, you weren't getting the basketball. So why? It was, as Love called it, bush league.

• Upvote 1

No way Olynyk deliberately did that to Love.

I've watched the replay several times. He may not have been trying to dislocate his shoulder, but he sure as **** was trying to injure him. I honestly think Olynyk should be suspended several games to start next season(he probably won't be). He made no attempt at the ball; he just wrenched Love's arm. It was a petty disgusting move in my eyes.

I agree. For as talented as Smith is. He is always doing some bone-head play. I hope he gets suspended at least 2 games, I just don't see him getting more than that in the playoffs especially on Lebrons team.

It's hard to say what someone's intent was, but the Olynyk thing did look intentional to me. Maybe not intentionally trying to harm him, but he definitely grabbed his arm and pressed down on it intentionally. You had absolutely no reason to do that, you weren't getting the basketball. So why? It was, as Love called it, bush league.

JR Smith is trash. He'd probably be in jail if he didn't have NBA talent.

To me all those plays were dirty (Olynyk, Perkins, Smith)

They all were; it was a dirty game. Perkins should have been ejected for sure. Both teams should frankly be embarrassed by their behavior in game 4.

JR Smith is trash. He'd probably be in jail if he didn't have NBA talent.

I will agree to this. The guy has been fined over 500k in his career and suspended 25 games (soon to be more). He really is trash, but he's a prime example of talent trumping personality. Ollynek (sp?) should be suspended as well, but to me Jr Smith as a repeat offender should be suspended at least 5 games, though with the Lebron thing I say he gets 2. I would love to see the NBA really bring down the hammer on him though.

It was a deliberate effort to keep him away from the rebound not injure.

That arm hooking stuff goes on all the time in paint. Few do it much outside the paint because it always gets called.

This precisely.

This precisely.

Olynyk held on way too long. Watch the video a few more times. I can't say for sure what his intent was, but it sure looked like he was trying to injure him in my opinion. He was still wrenching his arm long after they were out of the paint. The way he bent it and held it didn't seem to me like he was simply keeping him from the rebound.

Olynyk held on way too long. Watch the video a few more times. I can't say for sure what his intent was, but it sure looked like he was trying to injure him in my opinion. He was still wrenching his arm long after they were out of the paint. The way he bent it and held it didn't seem to me like he was simply keeping him from the rebound.

Yup