Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

GAME THREAD: Celtics @ Magic

Dedmon starting is a stop gap. He has no offense. But I really like the guy and am impressed with his improvement. We need a guy like that to come off the bench though next year.

Also JB appears to be getting the most out of our previous scrubs like hark and Nicholson and actually making them look like NBA players

Give the man a shot.

He was assistant to Pops from 2003-2010. Seems to have learned a lot with the Spurs. JB is a keeper. This Magic looks different but much better and fierce/nasty. Pops likes it nasty. We are the future Spurs.

Dedmon starting is a stop gap. He has no offense. But I really like the guy and am impressed with his improvement. We need a guy like that to come off the bench though next year.

Definitely need to resign this man

Definitely need to resign this man

If we can keep him on a cheap contract I agree. He may even have make KOQ expendable if he gets an offer bigger than we're willing to pay.

If we can keep him on a cheap contract I agree. He may even have make KOQ expendable if he gets an offer bigger than we're willing to pay.

I think that scenario is very, very possible.

I don't think any specific conditions need to be met to make KOQ expendable.

I think there's only so much "hustle big man" minutes out there. I'm cool with dedmon getting those but I think we need to also be looking at reloading with developmental youth/veteran players at the end of the bench. Kyle might want a better opportunity if it's available

Who's better: Dedmon or top-10 pick WCS?

So there's a couple levels to this. I think, based on dedmon's age, you'd probably want WCS. I think the expected career arc of WCS and dedmon are in the same ball park. I think it's easy to find someone in the dedmon/WCS mold so I think it's bad value to take wcs in the top 10.

So I think I'd rather have dedmon plus a top 10 pick rather than just WCS.

So there's a couple levels to this. I think, based on dedmon's age, you'd probably want WCS. I think the expected career arc of WCS and dedmon are in the same ball park. I think it's easy to find someone in the dedmon/WCS mold so I think it's bad value to take wcs in the top 10.

So I think I'd rather have dedmon plus a top 10 pick rather than just WCS.

Agreed.

Also have to remember Dedmon just started playing ball 7 yrs ago; whereas most players in the league started before 10 yrs old. So, with that said, I'd still take Dedmon over WCS. Man, I'm thankful we have him.

Wcs has a higher ceiling and the benefit of a rookie scale contract, though. That's not everything but something to consider when comparing the two. Dedmon has one more year under control, right? Beyond that if he plays well he would be considerably more expensive than a wcs for the foreseeable future. Would rather find someone who can shoot/score in the draft though.