Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: ORLANDO MAGIC AT DETROIT PISTONS

We weren't looking too good before we were playing with pace either, though. We've lost 9 of the last 11.

I want to see what we look like when everyone is healthy. Harris played horrible in the first half (as did ben Gordon) and it really hurt us in the first half. If harris was in shape and Aaron is in the marble role maybe the game is different

I want to see what we look like when everyone is healthy. Harris played horrible in the first half (as did ben Gordon) and it really hurt us in the first half. If harris was in shape and Aaron is in the marble role maybe the game is different

We were looking terrible even before Harris got injured, but I won't argue with you. I'd like to see us look better than this also.

We were looking terrible even before Harris got injured, but I won't argue with you. I'd like to see us look better than this also.

I guess I just don't care about game to game outcomes yet. We look alright for a few games, then horrible for a few games, then awesome for a few games, then bad for a few games. This is what happens with young teams. It might be indicative of some huge flaw with our team or it might be growing pains.

I guess I just don't care about game to game outcomes yet. We look alright for a few games, then horrible for a few games, then awesome for a few games, then bad for a few games. This is what happens with young teams. It might be indicative of some huge flaw with our team or it might be growing pains.

We're on the verge of our third terrible year. At some point people are going to start to care about game outcomes.

We're on the verge of our third terrible year. At some point people are going to start to care about game outcomes.

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes trends don't really mean anything.

. In 2006 we traded for arroyo and Darko and a 20-40 team finished as a 36-46 team. Brian Hill, Darko, and Arroyo ended up having no impact on our franchise in the next couple of years. Is a 16-6 run to close out this season going to make Vaughn our long term coach? Because it didn't make Brian hill a good coach.

Doc Rivers had three consecutive years in Boston where he had a double digit decline in wins. Paul Pierce quit on him and refused to play. They trade for allen and Garnett and win the title the next season. did he suddenly become a better coach? Or did they just get better players.

We have a few pieces right now that don't play well game to game but are obvious building blocks to the future. We have several pieces that have some value but might not fit next to our main guys.

I am waiting for people to bring out the paper bags on the next Magic home Game. Vaughn is such an embarrassment and should be barred from coaching.

I was playing NBA 2k15 with these two teams, the score was a exactly what the pistons score and the Magic got like 68 points. I used Brandon Jennings, Jerebko, and Andre Drummond.

The Magic should have played at a faster pace against lesser competition so they would have more confidence heading into games with legitimate competition. Maybe the record wouldn't be so awful if they wrecked lesser opponents and took advantage. Its too late now. Deal and move on.

I fell asleep and didn't watch the game. Knew we would lose anyway because of rebounding. Didn't think we'd give up yet another record breaking stat for anyone. Most of all, I saw we came back in our cliche fashion but this being banal and trivial; it was anticlimactic to put it short.

Nik Vucevic and Victor Oladipo lived up to there averages for the past 5. They've been averaging over 22 during that string of games.

The Magic should have played at a faster pace against lesser competition so they would have more confidence heading into games with legitimate competition. Maybe the record wouldn't be so awful if they wrecked lesser opponents and took advantage. Its too late now. Deal and move on.

I fell asleep and didn't watch the game. Knew we would lose anyway because of rebounding. Didn't think we'd give up yet another record breaking stat for anyone. Most of all, I saw we came back in our cliche fashion but this being banal and trivial; it was anticlimactic to put it short.

Nik Vucevic and Victor Oladipo lived up to there averages for the past 5. They've been averaging over 22 during that string of games.

No problem scoring it's just the Swiss cheese d.

Frye and Vooch down low are a terrible defensive pair. Both were torched last night… and Jennings had nothing to fear driving and dishing. Few other notes:

• AG needs to start at SF with either Harris or Frye at PF. Marble needs to find the bench.
  • Green flashed as a backup, defensive-minded PG, which was interesting. I wouldn't mind him taking the backup PG minutes for a couple more games.
  • Now that we're at full strength, I think Fournier gets all of BG's minutes.
  • Harris works so flipping' hard and has such a polished offensive game. Once the rust came off, he was a laser guided missile out there.
  • Still very uncertain of Vaughn's ability to consistently put together a winning rotation. We'll see.

Soul's Lineup:

PG: Payton, Green

SG: Dipo, Fournier

SF: A.Gordon, Harris

PF: Harris, Frye

C: Vooch, KOQ

Frye and Vooch down low are a terrible defensive pair. Both were torched last night… and Jennings had nothing to fear driving and dishing. Few other notes:

• AG needs to start at SF with either Harris or Frye at PF. Marble needs to find the bench.
  • Green flashed as a backup, defensive-minded PG, which was interesting. I wouldn't mind him taking the backup PG minutes for a couple more games.
  • Now that we're at full strength, I think Fournier gets all of BG's minutes.
  • Harris works so flipping' hard and has such a polished offensive game. Once the rust came off, he was a laser guided missile out there.
  • Still very uncertain of Vaughn's ability to consistently put together a winning rotation. We'll see.

Soul's Lineup:

PG: Payton, Green

SG: Dipo, Fournier

SF: A.Gordon, Harris

PF: Harris, Frye

C: Vooch, KOQ

You have got to find a place or Dedmon in the lineup. He is by FAR our best defense down low and can run like a gazelle which would fit nicely with our new fast paced offense. I think Frye is a major problem with our defense he cant defend a mailbox. He cant move, jump or run. He needs to go.

I really like Vooch, and we absolutely need his offense and rebounding, but he is starting to look like a Kevin Love type player to me. I'm actually warming up to what I thought was an insane idea from Catman about going after Okafur in this years draft. I'm not on board yet, but if we can possibly sign a "go to" offensive player, it is starting to make sense.