Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

The "What to do with Tobias Harris" Thread

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Tobias Harris?

• Keep him and sign him at all costs
    • Keep him for the rest of the season and leave open the door to possibly to sign/match him in the offseason
    • Trade him this season and get the best value for him while we still have him
    • Other

I figured we might need to make a general thread for this discussion, since it seems to be a sub-theme on multiple threads.

We all agree that Harris is a great player, but is he a player whose skills are worth how much he will be potentially paid this offseason?

Can Tobias Harris's isolation-type offense fit with this run-and-gun Magic offense that has been put into place since he was injured?

Do we think we can match whatever offer he is given and if so, is he worth it?

Or is it best to trade him NOW, knowing that we potentially will not be able to (or want to) match what he's given in the offseason.

Discuss! :shard:

I think a lot of people on this forum are way to quick to give up on a very talented, big combo forward not anywhere close to his prime years that has shown a willingness to work hard, refine his game, be coachable and take a leadership roll on a team that desperately needs one.

I choose keep at all cost but the priority is to keep him at his true value and not that inflated price which is quite unavoidable.

Definitely keep him this season and see how he plays next Aaron Gordon. That was the plan anyway.

I see this thread progressing, particularly as we do indeed see these two playing next to each other. Whether they mesh or not may dictate a lot about how we handle the Harris situation, as I think that we are more invested in Gordon as a permanent team fixture (defense, energy, athleticism, higher ceiling) than we are in Harris.

I didn't vote because my belief hasn't changed since the moment we drafted Gordon. It would feel redundant.

He's a good, not great player. And it is not a given that he's far from his ceiling either, while he has become more consistent his output has been essentially the same since he got here.

I didn't vote because my belief hasn't changed since the moment we drafted Gordon. It would feel redundant.

He's a good, not great player. And it is not a given that he's far from his ceiling either, while he has become more consistent his output has been essentially the same since he got here.

He is shooting over 40% from 3PG this year (a huge improvement), has only started a total of 116 games in his career, and just turned 22 only 6 months ago. It's not a given that he's anywhere near his ceiling either.

• Upvote 2

He is shooting over 40% from 3PG this year (a huge improvement), has only started a total of 116 games in his career, and just turned 22 only 6 months ago. It's not a given that he's anywhere near his ceiling either.

^^^ This guy get's it.