Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO MAGIC AT MIAMI HEAT

Anyone notice how happy wade was for Vic when he gave him a hug after the game? That was awesome considering he's been his mentor all these years

I saw that at the end of the game because that shows he's maturing. Also, everyone is hyping Oladipo to be an elite shooting guard with Wade's capabilities.

That's one of those purely biased games that happens to the Magic (I can't speak for other teams, but small market especially, I'd bet it's the same) about 4-5 times a year. Very rarely do we win one.

Does the league office review these kinds of things or do they just not care?

They don't care. If they truly cared, this problem would have been solved 15 years ago.

They don't care. If they truly cared, this problem would have been solved 15 years ago.

The league doesn't market teams like they use to. They market the individuals more. Complete horsecrap. I blame the media for some of it.

Another efficient, 18 points on >50% shooting by Harris. He deferred to Vooch since the big man just owned Miami inside, and when it came to the end and Vic was clearly the hot hand he deferred again.

Can we please please please resign this kid now?

Another efficient, 18 points on >50% shooting by Harris. He deferred to Vooch since the big man just owned Miami inside, and when it came to the end and Vic was clearly the hot hand he deferred again.

Can we please please please resign this kid now?

No. We have to wait until free agency

I wish he would have gone for the $9mm offer but it was the right choice not to.

He is looking at 12-13 a year now, playing like this.

No. We have to wait until free agency

But Daaaaaaaad. I Don't wanna wait!

I wish he would have gone for the $9mm offer but it was the right choice not to.

In all seriousness the dude did exactly what you hope out of a young player like him. He got a tad bit offended. And then he got hungry and wanted to prove himself that he was worth more. And so far he is showing it.

Like they used to?

Like, back in the 50s?

What he means by "Like they used to" is how they use to cater to teams in the 80's and early 90's. You look at basketball 20-30 years ago certain teams would get calls because they were elite and star players stayed on one team. Now there is so much turn over with players that they turn to individuals getting the calls and not the teams per se. Hope that makes sense.

What he means by "Like they used to" is how they use to cater to teams in the 80's and early 90's.

I wasn't confused by what he said or what he meant by it.

I was confused by the notion that anyone believed that there was a time at any point in the last half century where the NBA wasn't marketing players at the expense of their teams. Dr J endorsed Converse, not the Sixers. Hell, the Bird/Magic rivalry saved the NBA in the early 80s. The "Showtime" thing came later.

You/he are/is literally arguing in favor of a timeframe that never existed at any point in the NBA's history since at least the emergence of Bill Russell.

I heard he wanted 12 in the offseason; I'm sure he'll probably get more than that now.