Sign in to follow this  
ufballer1986

Official 2014-2015 Shake-and-Bake Trade Thread

Isn't Afflalo a FA too though?

He is... This move looks like a really strong playoff move for them.. And Denver getting 2 picks and T-Rob for him is frustrating...

Isn't Afflalo a FA too though?

It was more of a clever move for Denver. They were able to sell Orlando on young upside (Fournier) and turn him into multiple picks and young players.

That's the OKC 1st round pick, which currently projects at #14. I like how Hinkle is managing his cap space to acquire extra picks.

It's top 18 protected I believe.

I understand this line of thinking, I just don't feel that either are worth that kind of money. Further it would seem somewhat counterintuitive to pay people on a different scale than what is being employed currently and for the foreseeable future under the notion that it may be a larger scale in a couple years. That is poor business. It would make more sense to preserve the cap money (or fill it wisely) for when the actual increase comes, then cash in on the likely one time boom. This is what the LAL and NYK's of the league are thinking, rightfully so. The exception to this would be if we were in win-now mode, and it was the difference between acquiring the services of a difference maker or not. That is not the case for us.

And Frye's contract is terrible any way you slice it. I like the guy, but not his contract. Look at his career trajectory, he will be lucky to be on a NBA sideline by year 3-4 of his contract. He has the remainder of this season and perhaps one more of contributions left, then he is heavy (above MLE) cap filler.

Actually I just explained why Frye's contract is not terrible. And the line of thinking I proposed is not really my opinion but how and why NBA contracts are being currently structured. Another reason I am amused by people constantly whining about Frye deal which in 2 years will equate to the MLE while not praising Rob for Vuc's. Seems like a double standard to me.

Also, pretty confident the Magic's cap money is very well preserved. So well done that they have a ton of flexibility to match any Harris offer they want if they choose to go in that direction.

That's the OKC 1st round pick, which currently projects at #14. I like how Hinkle is managing his cap space to acquire extra picks.

Yes. But what is he going to do with all those picks and young players? The y are loaded in the front court. Not enough time to play all those big players. What is truly their plan?

They can't continue to tank every year. When is enough?

Yes. But what is he going to do with all those picks and young players? The y are loaded in the front court. Not enough time to play all those big players. What is truly their plan?

They can't continue to tank every year. When is enough?

I think you are going to see Philly tank one more year, and then flip assets next summer and add some vets.