Sign in to follow this  
ufballer1986

Official 2014-2015 Shake-and-Bake Trade Thread

I like Thomas a lot. Saw him at the annual Laker vs Kings preseason game a couple years back and was wowed by his motor and athletic ability. Actually told a friend who is a kings fan that I witnessed their future that night.

My question is if Robinson has so much potential and blah blah blah why hasnt anyone given him a chance? It has to make you wonder right?

He doesn't have a bunch of potential though. He's just a hustle big man that can play a little defense. But he's only 23 and I think it's dumb to give up on a 23 year old that at least does he can probably become Reggie Evans like.

This is what I've been trying to tell you guys though. Players like oquinn are a dime a dozen in this league so much that they get traded and then bought out on a whim. Someone will pay him because of his game tape but it shouldn't be us.

He doesn't have a bunch of potential though. He's just a hustle big man that can play a little defense. But he's only 23 and I think it's dumb to give up on a 23 year old that at least does he can probably become Reggie Evans like.

This is what I've been trying to tell you guys though. Players like oquinn are a dime a dozen in this league so much that they get traded and then bought out on a whim. Someone will pay him because of his game tape but it shouldn't be us.

Gotcha...I haven't seen him play much so I was under the impression he had the statistical potential of a taj Gibson rather than Reggie Evans.

Gotcha...I haven't seen him play much so I was under the impression he had the statistical potential of a taj Gibson rather than Reggie Evans.

I think he is closer to a Gibson than Evans, for sure. He is skilled.

An unused 1st is more valuable than a used one IMO. Plus at this time last year a 2016 pick had a lot lower value and thus possibly could have got more on top of that

What's to guarantee that pick will even be close to as good as Fournier? Furthermore, of the players involved in the trade none are as good as Fournier and will be waived.

So I'm trying to figure out what is so amazing about this trade still compared to the Magic/DEN. What makes it so much better. I just can't do it.

I think Harris is here for the long haul. He just needs to keep working hard and growing.

A part of me think he's here for the long haul as well but a part of me wants Greg Monroe too. I like Harris as much as the next man but if I had to pay 14-16 million a year to one of them you have to give it to Monroe over Harris IMO. We probably won't have a chance at Towns so I'd rather pay the same amount of money to a skilled 7'0" PF who's a better rebounder and a rim protector. Sure he doesn't stretch to the 3 point line but he'd compliment Vucevic very well IMO. If I were Henningan I'd honesty go after Monroe, sign Rodney Stuckey or C.J. Watson to backup Payton, try to keep O'Quinn, and draft that Croatian SF, Stanley Johnson, Oubre, or Winslow depending on where we draft.

I think I am confusing years. Is that OKC pick for this upcoming draft or the one after?

This one if they make it to the 5th seed or something like that. Next year most likely

A part of me think he's here for the long haul as well but a part of me wants Greg Monroe too. I like Harris as much as the next man but if I had to pay 14-16 million a year to one of them you have to give it to Monroe over Harris IMO. We probably won't have a chance at Towns so I'd rather pay the same amount of money to a skilled 7'0" PF who's a better rebounder and a rim protector. Sure he doesn't stretch to the 3 point line but he'd compliment Vucevic very well IMO. If I were Henningan I'd honesty go after Monroe, sign Rodney Stuckey or C.J. Watson to backup Payton, try to keep O'Quinn, and draft that Croatian SF, Stanley Johnson, Oubre, or Winslow depending on where we draft.

From my recollection, Greg Monroe is a guy who is big, but hasn't shown any improvement in terms of rim protection, defensive awareness, or offensive jumper from any area. Just read the SI article and you'll see that he's much better on paper than he is in person - a reason why so few teams jumped at the opportunity to sign him last summer and instead he signed a qualifying offer with Detroit for 1 year.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/30/greg-monroe-pistons-nba-free-agency

This one if they make it to the 5th seed or something like that. Next year most likely

Well that changes things

But I'm not talking about what Denver got specifically. Just saying that if we had asked for a 2015 first rounder for Afflalo we may have been more likely to pull that alongside a player as this draft didn't look as good this time last year