Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO vs Washington

Up by 5 and we let it slip away....another JV meltdown. Oh well it's the growing pains that come with this process. Team played well for the most part and just hoping we get better play calling in the last two mins of games.

• Upvote 1

With Vic handling the ball in the third quarter he hit a rhythm and put up 9 points in a little less than 6 minutes. You can't take the ball out of his hands in certain match ups. This is where Payton needs to improve.

Yeah, but he does this every game. Vic dribbles. Elf spots up.

No. I liked what happened in the game where frye was on the bench and we put dedmon on the inbounds

Not a single big man defending in the paint with 0.8 seconds to go? Not enough time for a catch and shoot.

I had the misery of being at that game. Vaughn is beyond the worse coach in the NBA. I've never seen such a lack of coaching down the stretch in a game my entire life.

For some reason, the last 3-4 minutes of the fourth quarter JV had the brilliant idea to turn it into a street ball game. Nothing but ISO's at the top of the key with Dipo and Payton. Harris never touched the ball except for his one bad charge turnover. Why we went to a 1 on 1 street ball offense is beyond me.

His rotations sucked as well but it's like beating a dead horse stating that on here anymore. Fournier doesn't play in the 4th and Willie Green plays almost the whole time. And, are you kidding me with not having Harris take the last shot? This is not Oladipo's team, at least not yet. And I hate to burst some peoples bubble but that's the truth. For now, Harris needs to take that last second shot 10 out of 10 times.

• Upvote 1

I think JV is also learning about his players along with the players themselves. It's all about experience and learning from mistakes -- and that includes coaching as well.

I'll agree with learning from mistakes as far as the players go, but not the coaching. I'm sorry but JV turned that into a **** show the last few minutes. We ran no offense. It was helter skelter, Charles Manson would have enjoyed watching that meltdown.

At some point it has to become about winning, not about learning from mistakes. We should have learned enough by now, at the very least our HEAD COACH should learn something. WILLIE GREEN FTW

I'm proud of our boys they played great. they just had some stupid mistakes by a young team. but were beat by a more experienced young team I think in a few years we're going to run circles around the Wizards

Glad you mentioned mistakes because it seems to me there are certain guys that are not allowed to make any (EF, Mo) and then others that are just ignored and allowed to continue playing (Frye, BG, Slick Willie) and they are vets!!

Up by 5 and we let it slip away....another JV meltdown. Oh well it's the growing pains that come with this process. Team played well for the most part and just hoping we get better play calling in the last two mins of games.

Your sig makes me want to headbutt my screen every time I see it.

Missed this game, anyone want to sum it up a bit better than the average recaps supplied by ESPN?

Win back to back games on the road and it's all about how well guys played and nobody says a word about Jacque, lose to a playoff team on a last second tip in without our best player and Vaughn is the worst thing ever. Nobody blames Payton for essentially running Harris into a charging call when we were up 3 with 36 seconds left and the ball (the call was crap too Btw but Payton still should have slowed it down at that point.) We played well, we just made some mistakes that young teams make.

Well....that was predictable.

The thing about that was that the Harris take to the rim shouldn't have been an offensive foul. Most of all, our last play shouldn't have been a step back two. The truth of the matter is that you cannot trust officiating to end the game when it comes to our games which is why I'd prefer the Magic make quick work of opponents.

Agreed agreed. The Harris foul was a John Wall FLOP. Also the Willie Green foul on Butler was BS but until we start winning a few close games those calls will continue to go against us. Also VO dribbling out the clock with 16 seconds left from 30 feet from the rim with no one else even moving is not an offensive strategy. I would think a professional coach could come up with something better. Tough loss.

I had the misery of being at that game. Vaughn is beyond the worse coach in the NBA. I've never seen such a lack of coaching down the stretch in a game my entire life.

For some reason, the last 3-4 minutes of the fourth quarter JV had the brilliant idea to turn it into a street ball game. Nothing but ISO's at the top of the key with Dipo and Payton. Harris never touched the ball except for his one bad charge turnover. Why we went to a 1 on 1 street ball offense is beyond me.

His rotations sucked as well but it's like beating a dead horse stating that on here anymore. Fournier doesn't play in the 4th and Willie Green plays almost the whole time. And, are you kidding me with not having Harris take the last shot? This is not Oladipo's team, at least not yet. And I hate to burst some peoples bubble but that's the truth. For now, Harris needs to take that last second shot 10 out of 10 times.

The lack of basketball knowledge is incredible here sometimes.

Those weren't isos, they were pick and rolls trying to get a point guard defending harris and nene defending our guards. This is exactly what was run in the third quarter when we made a big run.