Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

GAME THREAD: Magic @ Pistons

I havent watched the game but are people complaining about Ridinour over Payton because thats the "it" thing to complain about?

Statistically Ridinour is having a pretty solid game and we are winning....Whats the issue?!?!

• Upvote 1

I havent watched the game but are people complaining about Ridinour over Payton because thats the "it" thing to complain about?

Statistically Ridinour is having a pretty solid game and we are winning....Whats the issue?!?!

Im fine with Luke getting some mintues, but if he's bumping Payton out of the line-up entirely and getting 20+ minutes it's a problem.

But again, awesome win. That really was impressive. Refs and Caron Butler were against us.

Like I said in the chat, Jacque can play whoever the hell he wants as long as we keep playing offense like that. Just so great to watch. Definitely best offensive performance of the season, every player had an assist. Spurs-like.

Like I said in the chat, Jacque can play whoever the hell he wants as long as we keep playing offense like that. Just so great to watch. Definitely best offensive performance of the season, every player had an assist. Spurs-like.

No doubt. Agreed.

Good win, against SVG too. I feel like he has to hate having Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith on his squad.

Not to mention the 12 ft of freezing snow and wind gust off the lake at 85mph.......ughhh!!!

Speaking of Spurs-like, how bout that Evan Fournier? 8 assists, some big 3's... I know I've heard it before, but man oh man he's got a lot of Manu in his game.

Very winnable game. We could very easily sweep this team this season with all our guys back. They aren't that great offensively and they're players will mostly like be the players they have always been.\

Oladipo found a great grove but there still work to be done on the ball movement. We also need more "one and dones" on the defensive end because these offensive rebounds only encourages the opponent to crash the boards even more. We have to finish our defensive plays with clean strong rebounds. Can't be considered an elite defense if we aren't getting complete stops and giving up second chances. Its not like I expect it this to happen immediately. Its something that needs to be worked on.

Channing Frye's defense has completely fell off a cliff. On most plays tonight, you've seen him petrified....almost frozen on defense. He probably has the worst foot work when it comes to staying in front of his man one on one. I bet someone probably thought their controller was broken playing him on 2k15.

Tobias Harris has really picked it up in the past 3 games. His field goal percentage is up. Turnovers are low (no turnovers tonight) and scoring is up. Average is 17.9 but should go up if he continues this better trend.

Didn't see Payton all second have but he had an average game in the first half. Nothing great, nothing terrible. DIdn't play in the second half till the game was decided.

Jacque Vaughn's coaching is probably better than we thought. When everyone is actually making their shots, the offense looks excellent and it will be better when these players become more well rounded and less jagged. The Magic were mostly likely on a slow start to the season with confusion in roles as well as monetary/injury distractions.

Post game:

lol....Tony Battie just was asked if he had sympathy for the Pistons. He just said "Hell Naw" and smiled at the camera like he didn't just say that. lollllll

must needed win after the loss of AG

harris coming along nicely.

feel bad for payton -- boy is struggling an its looking like vaughn is looking to give ridnour more minutes.

i hate to say it but if your a PG and can't shoot / cant break the defender down off of the dribble / cant penetrate the defense consistently, you're gonna ride the bench. and in paytons case, the reason he cant do the last part is because the defense sags off of him, so it all stems back to not being able to shoot and make the defense pay.

the kid is physical, no doubt, but right now that is not enough.