Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

Stan Van Gundy has the Pistons on a 7 game win streak. I bet if Stan has this team he could of done the same.

JV has never seen a 5 game win streak, let alone 7. I have been over JV after last year. This is just the continuation of that nightmare.

Henny is on the clock now, bump 2yrs from now. We signed some questionable players while shedding potentials. Give me Curry over Gordon any day of the week, they both could do the same thing. Difference is 10yrs worth of fresh legs. And then you have to add the JV hire, im sorry if JV fails that's on Henny for not recognizing that a more experienced coach was needed to perform a rebuild, someone who has taken a team places and developed players.

Both are on the clock.

Tic, Toc, Tic, Toc, Tic, Toc

So when does JV get fired and who is the best case scenario replacement?

I saw the post with names like George Karl, Scott Skiles, Kevin Ollie, Shaka Smart, and others.

I'm really surprised that Mark Jackson's name isn't mentioned more. Is there something about him as a coach that I don't know?

I would honestly be fine with Brian Hill for the remainder of the season and, even though I can't believe I just typed that, I'm not kidding.

You take that back

I still cannot figure out Vaughn's plan. Why are certain players playing and others not? Are we in a youth development stage or not? Why are we using certain rotations? Is there any sort of accountability based on productivity? This season makes no sense to me.

Obvious concerns…

- How is Payton meant to develop? … next to Dipo's hard driving ways? Both are attack the basket type of players, which seriously clogs the lane.

- What is Dipo's role? Is he allowed to take any shot he wants? Why is he so wildly inconsistent? I love his energy but his habits are not good.

- Is O'Quinn a 3 pt shooting PF or energy big? What's his role? Why's he clearly regressing?

- Why are Gordon and Ridnour playing so much? Not that either are bad… but neither are good at this stage either. What's the point?

- How has Hark not progressed at all in the last two years?

- Why is the Professor playing at all? … he's 25 and owns the slowest feet on defense in the NBA.

Gang, color me confused. Seriously. We really need Harris and Gordon back and developing. This team is a mess, in my opinion, and I'll be disappointed if…

1. Vaughn doesn't display a clear plan of youth development soon… with obvious roles and systems… or

2. Vaughn is not let go and we bring in a proven coach like Skiles or Jackson.

This team, with all of its young assets, should be an attractive gig.

I still cannot figure out Vaughn's plan. Why are certain players playing and others not? Are we in a youth development stage or not? Why are we using certain rotations? Is there any sort of accountability based on productivity? This season makes no sense to me.

Obvious concerns…

- How is Payton meant to develop? … next to Dipo's hard driving ways? Both are attack the basket type of players, which seriously clogs the lane.

- What is Dipo's role? Is he allowed to take any shot he wants? Why is he so wildly inconsistent? I love his energy but his habits are not good.

- Is O'Quinn a 3 pt shooting PF or energy big? What's his role? Why's he clearly regressing?

- Why are Gordon and Ridnour playing so much? Not that either are bad… but neither are good at this stage either. What's the point?

- How has Hark not progressed at all in the last two years?

- Why is the Professor playing at all? … he's 25 and owns the slowest feet on defense in the NBA.

Gang, color me confused. Seriously. We really need Harris and Gordon back and developing. This team is a mess, in my opinion, and I'll be disappointed if…

1. Vaughn doesn't display a clear plan of youth development soon… with obvious roles and systems… or

2. Vaughn is not let go and we bring in a proven coach like Skiles or Jackson.

This team, with all of its young assets, should be an attractive gig.

Eventually, hopefully, Payton will develop a jumper. He's gonna have to learn to play off the ball because Dipo is being groomed as a Wade type player who can create offense.

Dipo has the green light because if he get to the basket when he wants with him having handles and the ability to find the open man, albeit resulting a TO more times than it should, you have to give him the opportunity to learn and succeed. He's going through trial and error.

I really don't know what's up with KOQ. I wonder if those stupid flagrants decreased his effort. He needs to be more pickier about when he shoots though.

Harkless needs to play every night, the way he did last night. Not just one every four games. If he does, he'll get minutes.

Finally, I do not like Frye. I don't think anyone does. I know AG sees himself as a 3 but I rather see him take Frye's mins at the 4 when he gets back.

Eventually, hopefully, Payton will develop a jumper. He's gonna have to learn to play off the ball because Dipo is being groomed as a Wade type player who can create offense.

Dipo has the green light because if he get to the basket when he wants with him having handles and the ability to find the open man, albeit resulting a TO more times than it should, you have to give him the opportunity to learn and succeed. He's going through trial and error.

I really don't know what's up with KOQ. I wonder if those stupid flagrants decreased his effort. He needs to be more pickier about when he shoots though.

Harkless needs to play every night, the way he did last night. Not just one every four games. If he does, he'll get minutes.

Finally, I do not like Frye. I don't think anyone does. I know AG sees himself as a 3 but I rather see him take Frye's mins at the 4 when he gets back.

I could see JV running him at point and justifying it by saying "were trying to develop his ball handling ability". I'm joking of course, but am I?

Agreed. If we're gonna dump Vaughn mid season, might as well let Borrego lead the way for the rest of the season.

If they continue to play like they did last night (with energy and intensity), I think JV keeps his job. The problem is: I see them regressing again in a game or two and giving a lackluster effort. I'm skeptical until proven wrong.