Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

the fact that we are on par with your first line makes me all happy and stuff.

My underlying problem is that players have suffered from not having the right coach. I don't mind giving people a shot, but there has to be a progress that trends up. Not the other way around. Hopefully the guys don't take what's happening to heart, they are skilled players.

I think we've seen that JV is decent enough at player development, not so much at managing and perhaps planning for a game.

I think we've seen that JV is decent enough at player development, not so much at managing and perhaps planning for a game.

He is going to make a good assistant coach for some team.

He is going to make a good assistant coach for some team.

I've said all a long he's an assistant coach. Nothing wrong with that. But he doesn't have it as a head coach. If we removed him as head coach tomorrow, I don't know if he ever gets a head coaching job again. But would get picked up as an assistant.

After seeing the so called 'Black Monday' in the NFL where coaches get fired and hearing that Cavs coach David Blatt is "not reaching his players" I have decided to put together a list of some NBA coaches who I think should (or could) be fired, either now, sometime during the season or at the end of the season. These coaches range from teams that should be doing better but their coach is holding them back to coaches we know are just downright awful.

Jacque Vaughn, Orlando Magic

Jacque Vaughn was hired to be the coach of the Orlando Magic in the post-Dwight Howard era. This was of course after Dwight forced Stan Van Gundy out the door. While nobody expected Vaughn to be as good as Van Gundy right away since they were (and still are) in rebuilding mode. But in saying that, the Magic need someone to be their long term head coach, and honestly, what Vaughn is doing with this team isn't what they should be doing long term. For a team that has so much athleticism and young, explosive talent (Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Moe Harkless) they need to be playing with pace, getting up and down the floor with pace. But for some reason, Vaughn has them playing with the 6th slowest pace in the entire league, when they should really be playing like the mid 2000s Suns. Vaughn should change his style or be fired.

http://crashtheboards.sportsblog.com
  • Upvote 2

A part of me feels that Vaughn knows how to coach and run an offense one way: the way Pop taught him to and/or the way he likes.

Our team doesn't fit that mold, and right now, he cannot adapt.

Can we just speed up the process of letting him go to get someone to light a fire under the team's butt at this point?

A part of me feels that Vaughn knows how to coach and run an offense one way: the way Pop taught him to and/or the way he likes.

Our team doesn't fit that mold, and right now, he cannot adapt.

Can we just speed up the process of letting him go to get someone to light a fire under the team's butt at this point?

He's not playing to our teams strengths that's for sure. We should be flying up and down the court with the athletes we have.

He's not playing to our teams strengths that's for sure. We should be flying up and down the court with the athletes we have.

I am seriously questioning whether the plan is indeed to tank for this season and grab one more piece high up the draft board. A coach can not be that thick that he does not utilize our team to what could be our strength in fast pace basketball.

I am seriously questioning whether the plan is indeed to tank for this season and grab one more piece high up the draft board. A coach can not be that thick that he does not utilize our team to what could be our strength in fast pace basketball.

Our weakness is fast break basketball. How many successful fast breaks have we run? Not many. Mostly offensive fouls

I don't believe this is a winning season. We're just meant to suck this year because we're really not as great as we think we are. I still see a WIP.

Our weakness is fast break basketball. How many successful fast breaks have we run? Not many. Mostly offensive fouls

Yeah, that is the issue. It should not be a weakness. That should be an area which we excel in. Even then, I do not think it all comes down to "fast breaks", it is our tempo that is killing us.