Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

Jacque has got to be the biggest joke of a coach in NBA history. I can't remember which coach is as bad as Jacque.

He made me laugh so hard when I saw how many points they made in the second.

:lol:

Jacque has got to be the biggest joke of a coach in NBA history. I can't remember which coach is as bad as Jacque.

He made me laugh so hard when I saw how many points they made in the second.

:lol:/>

Vinny Del Negro

But your point remains

With the way the team is playing, especially at home, I don't see JV as the coach of this team for very long. Question is, is it the right thing to do to fire him now and get Skiles or Karl?

I like George Karl, especially after seeing him take a Melo team in the stacked Western Conferencd and made them competitive every year. Melo can't even compete in the weak East without him.

With the way the team is playing, especially at home, I don't see JV as the coach of this team for very long. Question is, is it the right thing to do to fire him now and get Skiles or Karl?

I like George Karl, especially after seeing him take a Melo team in the stacked Western Conferencd and made them competitive every year. Melo can't even compete in the weak East without him.

Some believe Henny isn't a mid season firing type of GM which I get the reasoning. You also have the draft.

Personally, if we have a situation where our coach feels like he's having a hard time putting 5 guys together who wants to fight, you either get new guys or a new coach. I don't necessarily like firing a coach mid season but I don't like the consistent morale that comes from our a##es being handed to us at home more.

I'm all for this idea.

Because he does not fit the mold of a Popovich type/style coach! I think Hennie is stuck on the Pop brand of coaches.

JV 3 Year Coaching Career:

56 Wins and 144 Losses

I don't think anyone here see's JV as our long term solution, but this stat is meaningless given the situation he walked into.

I don't think anyone here see's JV as our long term solution, but this stat is meaningless given the situation he walked into.

Similar to Brett Brown's situation in Phili.

I don't like to beat a dead horse, but I am well and truly done with JV. I am sure Henny is doing his due diligence in finding a replacement, but as we know Henny, he would not just fire JV with out having a beneficial replacement, whether that is for the short term or for the long term.

I think it the fact that JV got extended was the only head scratcher that Henny has done.

the fact that we are on par with your first line makes me all happy and stuff.

My underlying problem is that players have suffered from not having the right coach. I don't mind giving people a shot, but there has to be a progress that trends up. Not the other way around. Hopefully the guys don't take what's happening to heart, they are skilled players.