Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Vucevic extended 4yr 48 million w up to 5 mil in incentives

Tb wants 12 mill, we want 8. Lets meet at 10 mill and win the championship already

Thats kind of where this is going from what I hear.

Harris's camp can leverage that he will get a better offer this summer. He will - there are not a lot of talented SFs that will be out there.

The Magic see Harris as a guy who can start at SF or come off the bench and play both SF and PF. He is essentially a 35 MPG guy no matter what.

But if Leonard does not sign an extension, he is an upgrade who fills the same role. The Magic could give him the max and have the best defense in the NBA once Gordon fills out and can play PF.

So the Magic are also eyeing that situation while talking to Tobias's team.

PS - you are a very good DJ.

Thats kind of where this is going from what I hear.

Harris's camp can leverage that he will get a better offer this summer. He will - there are not a lot of talented SFs that will be out there.

The Magic see Harris as a guy who can start at SF or come off the bench and play both SF and PF. He is essentially a 35 MPG guy no matter what.

But if Leonard does not sign an extension, he is an upgrade who fills the same role. The Magic could give him the max and have the best defense in the NBA once Gordon fills out and can play PF.

So the Magic are also eyeing that situation while talking to Tobias's team.

PS - you are a very good DJ.

Have you heard of any interest in Jimmy Butler, who I believe will also be restricted?

There's no way Kawhi leaves the Spurs

The Spurs are great at retaining their players because I believe there player's have different incentives when it comes to success and money. I don't see him in another jersey.

I believe Tobias is worth 8 million per season. I think he has a very high ceiling and would like us to re-sign him.

I think we all think he's worth 8.

Apparently there's a large gulf between what he's asking for and what we're offering

I think we all think he's worth 8.

Apparently there's a large gulf between what he's asking for and what we're offering

Yeah, I struggle to see him being worth 10 million per year. He has not proven to be consistent enough in my book. Love the kid's upside and work ethic, though.

There's no way Kawhi leaves the Spurs

Most likely not, but that will be a different team in 2-3 years. Tony Parker and Duncan are going to drop off the cliff pretty soon.

As great as the Spurs are, all 3 of their core is ooooold. Leonard is part of the new Spurs, but he doesn't have anyone else there on his level at his age.

The Magic send out feelers to his agent and say they would think about offering the max..normal stuff. Maybe not the highest chance, but nothing is a lock until it is done.

The Spurs could match that offer in the summer, but it is something of interest. Leonard would transform this team and is worth pursuing even if we retain Harris.

Yeah, I struggle to see him being worth 10 million per year. He has not proven to be consistent enough in my book. Love the kid's upside and work ethic, though.

Getting Harris extended for 24mm over 3 years would be a major victory for Orlando. That is what they want, but his agent is leveraging the free market and saying his guy will get 12+.

I think he may be right, someone will overpay.

That's ok though. As much as I love Harris, if I had to choose between him or Nik, Im going with the big guy.

I reckon 11 mil will be the number. I have no issue with this, the cap is going to be changing in coming years and we would all look back then and say this is a good contract especially if you start to look at Hayward and Parsons contract, the one thing we don't want is to be stung by a high offer from another team.

Getting Harris extended for 24mm over 3 years would be a major victory for Orlando. That is what they want, but his agent is leveraging the free market and saying his guy will get 12+.

I think he may be right, someone will overpay.

That's ok though. As much as I love Harris, if I had to choose between him or Nik, Im going with the big guy.

Agree on the priority of Vooch over Harris. Honestly, I wonder if we'd consider trading him if we can't extend him. Henny seems smart enough to not lose an asset. Hmmm… Jeff Green money seems the max we should go, 4 years at 36 mil, and that seems generous.