Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Vucevic extended 4yr 48 million w up to 5 mil in incentives

Getting Harris extended for 24mm over 3 years would be a major victory for Orlando. That is what they want, but his agent is leveraging the free market and saying his guy will get 12+.

I think he may be right, someone will overpay.

That's ok though. As much as I love Harris, if I had to choose between him or Nik, Im going with the big guy.

Out of curiosity which teams would you think would overpay for Harris?

The problem I'm having with Tobias is he's yet to play in more than 61 games in a season. That really doesn't make me feel great about giving him a huge deal.

Out of curiosity which teams would you think would overpay for Harris?

Its a little early to guess, but teams like the Hawks and Jazz are far under the cap for example. Charlotte, Houston, The Bulls, Mavs..lots of teams on the fringe who may consider paying 12 a year if he breaks out this season.

Since Harris can play both PF and SF, and there are not many elite free agents at SF, it makes him a strong target pending a solid season with us.

Hopefully Henny can get Harris to sign by using an incentive approach like he did with Vucci..

If we are at 8 and they are at 12... Agree to 9 per year with up to 5 or 6 million in incentives if he lives up to the expectations that we all have for him.

9x4 = 36 + 6 = 42 million deal... and he wants 48.. seems like that should be close enough considering we are supposedly currently offering 32 mil.

• Upvote 1

Its a little early to guess, but teams like the Hawks and Jazz are far under the cap for example. Charlotte, Houston, The Bulls, Mavs..lots of teams on the fringe who may consider paying 12 a year if he breaks out this season.

Since Harris can play both PF and SF, and there are not many elite free agents at SF, it makes him a strong target pending a solid season with us.

I'm starting to lean towards letting him play out the season and if someone throws big money his way let him walk. I think the Gordon/Harkless combination could potentially be devastating particularly defensively and I think Mo Harkless has shown quite a bit if progression and will likely come at a much cheaper price.

I'm starting to lean towards letting him play out the season and if someone throws big money his way let him walk. I think the Gordon/Harkless combination could potentially be devastating particularly defensively and I think Mo Harkless has shown quite a bit if progression and will likely come at a much cheaper price.

I don't think "letting him walk" is in Henny's vocabulary... he will get something for him if it heads in that direction.

Hopefully Henny can get Harris to sign by using an incentive approach like he did with Vucci..

If we are at 8 and they are at 12... Agree to 9 per year with up to 5 or 6 million in incentives if he lives up to the expectations that we all have for him.

9x4 = 36 + 6 = 42 million deal... and he wants 48.. seems like that should be close enough considering we are supposedly currently offering 32 mil.

I like your thinking on this. I don't know if it can be done with the CBA but if so, why not offer him 4 years at $9M with 2 levels of incentives work $1.5M each. 1 would be much harder to get but at least he would have a shot at getting his $12M

I like your thinking on this. I don't know if it can be done with the CBA but if so, why not offer him 4 years at $9M with 2 levels of incentives work $1.5M each. 1 would be much harder to get but at least he would have a shot at getting his $12M

It doesn't matter. The full amount still counts against the cap.

I hope Vucevic stays with us for more than 10 years. If we win a ship during that span, I'd be proud he was part of it. Before and after the Magic paid him, you could tell this year he wants to win.