Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official 2014-2015 Strapped-In Season Thread

Unfortunately I don't see Harris ending in a S&T because he is not a max player. There is no incentive for the Knicks or Harris to agree to S&T with us at this point.

Even though Harris is from NY, I think he'll end up in LA with the Lakers. His game is too similar to Melo's, and LA offers more opportunity for PT and stardom. At this point, I'd be shocked if he stayed with the Magic, even though we have the right to match.

Unfortunately I don't see Harris ending in a S&T because he is not a max player. There is no incentive for the Knicks or Harris to agree to S&T with us at this point.

Except for the fact we can match any offer they make for him and just keep him. We have the leverage, not other teams or Harris. Now if they offer max money that's a different story and they can just have him outright because we won't match a max contract or anything approaching one.

Except for the fact we can match any offer they make for him and just keep him. We have the leverage, not other teams or Harris. Now if they offer max money that's a different story and they can just have him outright because we won't match a max contract or anything approaching one.

The only leverage we have is that we can choose to keep him. We have zero leverage as to facilitating a sign and trade, the only way we would is if he was a max player, then we could utilize his bird rights as leverage for something in return. That won't happen. NYK (or LAL) don't need to give us squat to attain his services. They know this, and would laugh off an attempt to facilitate one.

The only leverage we have is that we can choose to keep him. We have zero leverage as to facilitating a sign and trade, the only way we would is if he was a max player, then we could utilize his bird rights as leverage for something in return. That won't happen. NYK (or LAL) don't need to give us squat to attain his services. They know this, and would laugh off an attempt to facilitate one.

Exactly, but the Magic have the cap space to easily match any deal. So they could just match and keep him if they wanted and trade him later. This is why Rob has said he will match any offer Tobias gets.

Did you guys realize Javale McGee is 27. Dude moved from promising young big to past his prime in no time

And he hasn't improved one bit since he joined the NBA

More bad luck for the Bulls.

Jimmy Butler will miss up to six weeks because of a left elbow injury, the team announced. Chicago’s estimated three-to-six-week timetable is lengthier on the back end than the three to four weeks that Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports originally reported earlier today. The regular season ends six weeks from Wednesday. There’s a chance he’s back before three weeks, a source cautions to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune, who nonetheless indicates his absence will not be much briefer (Twitter link). The team refers to the malady as an ulnar ligament sprain and small bone impaction injury.

The leverage is the option of us matching. You are wildly underestimating that. So Rob simply makes it known that he will match any offer, and if someone wants him they have to deal. Now if he gets a max deal then the team offering is stupid and can have him.

The leverage is the option of us matching. You are wildly underestimating that. So Rob simply makes it known that he will match any offer, and if someone wants him they have to deal. Now if he gets a max deal then the team offering is stupid and can have him.

After watching Harris the past couple weeks, I can't imagine a team giving him a max. I hope we avoid that at all costs.

I may be underestimating it, but I doubt it. Bluffing with bad contracts leads to poor long term decisions more often than not in the NBA. Best case, the threat of matching any offer keeps other teams from physically putting an offer in. Harris has duplicable talent, sure, but he's not going to go without an offer. As such, we are basically forcing ourselves to sign him to a slightly elevated value just so we retain him (or hopefully folding). Name a recent situation where there was a restricted FA S&T that wasn't a max salary.

James Harden suspended one game for kicking Lebron in the nuts. In my mind that's totally worth it lol. Matt Barnes had some stuff to say about it though.