Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

Playoffs?

76268.jpg

Probably not, but maybe knowing the East. We could very well be worse than we were last season. I think people are underestimating what we lost and the fact that we have like 2 and a half vets(insert horrible two and a half men photoshop here) and and a bunch of 18 year olds. I'm still all in for the 8 seed(I know, it's the worst place we could be in the draft. Shut up), even though it won't happen probably. Thoughts?

Someone photoshop Magic on that old dude's jersey:

a8f10930-be65-11e3-b22e-e7a82448e340_loubrown25.jpg

I don't think we will be worse than we were last season and I'll probably be a little disappointed if we are. I'm thinking we improve to 30 to 35 wins next season and see the type of progress that makes most realistic fans feel optimistic about the future. I do think we are one more decent draft away and one more years development of the players we have from making the playoffs.

I honestly don't worry about being the 8th seed as far as being on "the treadmill" The way rob and co. seem to be able to identify value in mid/lower picks I think that's where I want them finding steals from from now on because we're in contention for playoffs. I need some heart and hustle playoff close-ness to cheer for! TANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

BRING ON THE TREADMILL!

I don't think we will be worse than we were last season and I'll probably be a little disappointed if we are. I'm thinking we improve to 30 to 35 wins next season and see the type of progress that makes most realistic fans feel optimistic about the future. I do think we are one more decent draft away and one more years development of the players we have from making the playoffs.

I agree. We should see progress. Obviously if Multiple players miss significant time things will be different. A healthy magic team should win more than last years team.

This assessment could only be made after the league adjusts to our players.

If the Magic get off to some hot start and are capable of sustaining succession of strategy....then...playoffs.

However, I'd rather the Magic make the playoffs above convincingly above 50 percent than under.

I say we finish with a very competitive 34-48 season and miss the playoffs. I see us losing some very close games just because of our inexperience but I wouldn't be surprised if we finished .500 and landed into the 8th spot.

I expect us to finish around 10th in the East because the conference got stronger, believe it or not. This season is win-win, if we bottom out again we could draft a potential superstar SF (If you look at our roster that's exactly what we need) or we could be Phoenix 2.0 and make a run for the playoffs, making our team look more attractive for Free Agents.

I expect us to finish around 10th in the East because the conference got stronger, believe it or not. This season is win-win, if we bottom out again we could draft a potential superstar SF (If you look at our roster that's exactly what we need) or we could be Phoenix 2.0 and make a run for the playoffs, making our team look more attractive for Free Agents.

I am in the same thought pattern as Mr Pedrosa. Some fans will lose patience (yet again) if we do not make the playoffs. For me this season still is not about playoffs, but player development. I just look forward to watching our players develop.

• Upvote 1

I am in the same thought pattern as Mr Pedrosa. Some fans will lose patience (yet again) if we do not make the playoffs. For me this season still is not about playoffs, but player development. I just look forward to watching our players develop.

I agree that if we see the team develop then I don't really care if they make the playoffs or not. Realistically, I think there's a better chance that we see little if any improvement, and that we wind up with 30 wins or less.

I agree that if we see the team develop then I don't really care if they make the playoffs or not. Realistically, I think there's a better chance that we see little if any improvement, and that we wind up with 30 wins or less.

By improvement, do you mean individual development, definition of team roles and chemistry, or just winning more? I agree that the team likely won't win more games, but do you really not think we're going to see jumps from guys like Vuch, Oladipo, and Harris? Afflalo, Jameer, and BBD are all gone, and those guys were really impressive at times when the vets weren't eating their minutes. I expect them to struggle some, but those guys should really start coming into their own this year.